Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
  • Wondering how to use different site features? Please visit our FAQ. Still have questions? Post to our Community Help section for a speedy response.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5,736 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I'm Helen, just joined, from Northern Ireland. I have no-one to knit for - adult son and husband not interested, so I've decided to sell my knitting. Is there anyone else who is doing the same thing? I am knitting toys at the moment, and dubious about how they will come out - rather sad sack! Also I like doing waistcoats, or vests. I'm intending to build up a large stock before I launch them on an unsuspecting world in the autumn.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I do some knitting to sell, I find the best items for selling are the lower priced ones - such as socks, gloves, hats, etc., bigger items of clothing tend to be too high priced for the average buyer. In the area where we live, there is a large tourist business, and they are the best ones to market to, they are the ones with the money! Gift shops, markets, even petrol stations are great places to put out your wares, I let them sell my products on commission, they are more likely to go for it, when they don't have to out right buy your merchandise! Living in Ireland (which I really would love to see sometime, it has always been my dream to have a vacation there, just never have the money to do it!) you should be able to capitalize on the whole Irish knit concept, tourists love that. Go with local wool, handspun if you can get it, have a nice gimmick, that's all it takes to sell! Feel free to Private Message me if you would like some more selling ideas.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom