Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
  • Wondering how to use different site features? Please visit our FAQ. Still have questions? Post to our Community Help section for a speedy response.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Someone was looking for an item that is a crocet hook on one side and the other end was pointed to remove knots,fix snags etc. one woman had said she had one with her knitting machine but did not know where to locate them. another person sad she had one and used it oh her looms . i have gone back almost 2 weeks of posts and can't find it.
so i am hoping whomever posted it would let me know i found the item at patternworks . it's called a dentist knitting too.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Hi I am also looking for the same took I saw it on TV in a craft show - the brand etc is Susan Bates (Silvalume Hand Tool ) - you can buy them in USA but I live in Australia and dont think I could get the little item posted it only costs about $2 good luck - if you Google it you will find out the stores etc for purchase Yamba Australia

·
Registered
3,587 Posts
I got in touch with Spotlight and they suggested using a crochet hook which I have also used.
Irene (ernai)

·
Registered
322 Posts
To judic., and all others who took the time to research & reply... Thank you so much!!!...I was the one looking for that specific tool ~ I did find the Susan Bates HandiTool :) and yesterday saw the post for the "dentist knitting tool" as well. Both are exactly what I was looking for. In comparing them....thedentist knitting tool appears to be longer, with a much smaller hook on the end.
Again, thank you all !!!!!!

·
Registered
3,730 Posts
I have not seen that tool, but I have a Circular needle that is a crochet hook on one side and a knitting needle on the other. I think I got it from Pattern Works long time ago. It is called a Knit Pick. Good Luck.

·
Registered
9,165 Posts
judic said:
Someone was looking for an item that is a crocet hook on one side and the other end was pointed to remove knots,fix snags etc. one woman had said she had one with her knitting machine but did not know where to locate them. another person sad she had one and used it oh her looms . i have gone back almost 2 weeks of posts and can't find it.
so i am hoping whomever posted it would let me know i found the item at patternworks . it's called a dentist knitting too.
Go to Joann's web site and you will find the Susan Bates Silvalume Handi Tool. You can probably find it on the Susan Bates web site. Buy lots, they make great gifts and are true knitting life savers.

Happy knitting. :-D

·
Registered
35 Posts
I often use a pick that comes in a set with nutcrackers. It is pointy, gently curved, and smooth. It's a case of using what you've got. But it does a good job.

·
Registered
894 Posts
JUST FOUND IT ONLINE AT A CRAFT STORE IN PRINCETON NJ. IT IS ON SALE FOR $1.04. YOU CAN ORDER IT ONLINE FROM JOANN.COM. THE STORE IS ABOUT A 20 MINUTE DRIVE FROM WHERE I LIVE AND WILL PICK IT UP OVER THE WEEKEND.

·
Premium Member
81,067 Posts
Am I the only one who thinks spending any money at all on such a 'tool' is a waste? Never mind the shipping and handling fees!

I have steel and aluminum crochet hooks of every size and description, and I have almost all sizes of double-pointed knitting needles. (I'm only 'missing' the ones finer than US#00. Don't think I'll ever really need them.)

Between the hooks and the pointy needles, I can undo any knot that yarn or thread can form.

Sign me: Got-too-many-yarn-tools-already!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom