Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Go to Knit Picks. They demonstrate how to knit with beads without having to string them all on. I have learned to do this in the past couple of days. What I can tell you is I learned from a video from KnitPicks. But, as you are starting a row figure out where to start with your beads. I started on the second stitch and all even number stitches knit a stitch in between. Then on the next row using their technique place a bead on the odd number stitches. You get the beads incorporated into your knitting using a crochet hook.. It really is simple. I know I probably haven't explained it well enough but go to their site. They have some nice videos.

·
Registered
11,389 Posts
I've seen work done with the beads strung onto the yarn first and picked up later with a crochet hook. So the first time I worked with beads I decided that the items I saw that the beads were strung on the yarn first looked better and that's how I would do it.

Pre strung beads seem to "flow" with the yarn a little better than the pick up method with a crochet hook.

Rather than overwhelm yourself with a project, why not just make a couple of small squares and try each method, that way you will see which you prefer.

·
Registered
104 Posts
What I have read and studied somewhat, it tells you can use a pony bead. I have since found out they are also called e-beads or 4 mm. This is what I have been using for my mittens. You can go to this place below and look for pony beads:

eebeads.com

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom