Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
  • Wondering how to use different site features? Please visit our FAQ. Still have questions? Post to our Community Help section for a speedy response.
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
I wonder if it would make a difference if each color was in it's own yarn bowl, bag or something to keep seperate until they come together at the needle? I can't imagine that I didn't try this at some point but for the life of me I don't remember.

·
Registered
2,326 Posts
Hmmm....I make garments with two yarns together al the time and don't have a problem. For example, for a scarf I use a worsted weight and an eyelash yarn. They are in separate skeins, of course, but I can't remember any problem twisting.

Karen N.

·
Registered
5,595 Posts
Right now I am working with three. I have the two identical skeins standing up in a plastic bag and the third of a different texture outside the plastic bag. All three are staged with the center pull to prevent the skeins from flopping around. You can see the yarns are not twisted or tangled at all.

Attachments

·
Registered
5,925 Posts
Whenever I knit with 2 or more skeins I place each in a gallon sized zip bag. When the yarn gets twisted together I just close the bag tight and stand up letting the bags of yarn unwind.

·
Registered
40 Posts
margritz said:
In some of the patterns I have downloaded it suggests using two yarns at a time - evidently to make the item thicker and softer. I tried this on a sample and my yarns got sooooo tangled. Any suggestions?
what I do is put each ball of yarn in a jar with a lid that I put a hole in so the yarn can be fed out of and knit. keeps they yarn clean and away form my cats to. good luck.

·
Registered
548 Posts
You may want to get 2 plastic containers (32 oz) with a hole on the lid. I use sanitized yogurt containers, I punch a hole on the lids, and thread the yarn through. I can then close the containers, and place them on the floor. The yarn pulls through easily and the lid stops the yarn from coming out. I do pull the yarn from the center of the skein, though. You can adjust the size of the container to match the size of the skein of yarn you're using. Good luck

·
Registered
373 Posts
Pinkladydew! I just love your baby blanket. That is just adorable!

Our first grandchild is due (baby girl) the end of March and I can see this blanket on my list!

Would you be so kind as to direct me to where I can get/purchase the pattern??

Thank you so much!

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom