Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi I am new to this site. been knitting for a short time. I have a question ,and looked everywhere for answer and can not find it.maybe some one here may know.the question is when I am knitting a vest and I have to devide the left and right front,i have to put stitches onto a holder,thats fine ,but then I have to finish the roll,so how do I finish the roll if the working yarn is attached to the stitches on the holder. I found how to attach a new yarn with tail. but I would not have a tail when it is on the stitch holder.i hope someone can help me out.

·
Registered
1,526 Posts
Cut the yarn (leave a tail) and join cut yarn from your ball to start knitting the stitches on your needle. Finish that side, then go back to finish the other side where stitches are on a holder and rejoin your yarn to complete.

·
Registered
4,102 Posts
Many times you won't cut the yarn because it is needed where you left it off, to complete that side of the vest front.

Is this a pull over vest and you are at the neckline dividing for the two fronts? Is this a top down pattern? Is it bottom up and in the round until the armholes??

We could be much more help to you if you give us the pattern name and/or a link to the pattern.

Welcome to KP.

·
Registered
4,977 Posts
When I have to knit 1/2 half the sts, put them on a holder, then continue across the row, I will usually work a couple of extra sts., put the extra sts back onto my left needle, put the original 1/2 sts on a holder, then put the extra sts that I knit back on the right needle then finish the row. That way I don't have a "tail" in the middle of my row. I just complete the side I am working on, cut my yarn then go back to finish the sts from the holder.

You don't need a tail from the original yarn to join a new ball of yarn or a new color. You can just start knitting with the new yarn, making sure you have a "tail" of a few inches when you knit that first sts. so it doesn't pull through and start unraveling.

·
Registered
17,788 Posts
I see.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom