Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It sounds sort of off color but has anyone tried this technique. It's a new name for something that may have been around a while, especially in Japan. I checked it out you-tube and then tried it with an old tool I inherited from my grandma. It's a 14" crochet hook with a hook at both ends. Maybe it was used for Tunisian crochet.

Knooking is not crochet, not Tunisian crochet, but knitting done with crochet hook. I didn't like it but I'm a knitter at heart. It would be a great way for crocheters to step into the world of knitting if they have trouble with two needles.

· Registered
761 Posts
The tool with the hook at both ends is for cro-knit you use 2 different colors of yarn one for each end. You knit one way with the first color & back the other way with the second. I have a few of these hooks.
Lisa

· Registered
575 Posts
my cousin did baby afghans with it, and they were reversible, and just gorgeous. also, i got a needle that has a hook on one end and eye on the other. seen it at the bloomsburg, pa, fair, and thought it was interesting, but didn't get at it right away and now can't remember how it was done. but you used a mess, as i recall, thread or string and material. has anyone done anything like that here.? don't know what it was called, or would look on utube to see about it there...

· Registered
575 Posts
newgram, that is it...thanx. couldn't think of it... have a couple books on it somewhere in the library here at my dau, but not remembering the name i wouldn't know where to look. she has everything alph and i was looking under crochet, knitting, not L for locking...LOL. i know, this is anal, but she is very fussy...LOL. thanx. now i got to look it up..

· Registered
887 Posts
ingrambead said:
It sounds sort of off color but has anyone tried this technique. It's a new name for something that may have been around a while, especially in Japan. I checked it out you-tube and then tried it with an old tool I inherited from my grandma. It's a 14" crochet hook with a hook at both ends. Maybe it was used for Tunisian crochet.

Knooking is not crochet, not Tunisian crochet, but knitting done with crochet hook. I didn't like it but I'm a knitter at heart. It would be a great way for crocheters to step into the world of knitting if they have trouble with two needles.
I bought one a couple days ago out of curiosity. I have only tried it once so far, not thrilled with it. Midnight is not a good time to try new things so I set it down to try again at a better time when I am more awake.

· Registered
575 Posts
jb you are doing what i did, i tried it once and thought, yuck, not my bag, but if i had stuck with it it would have been okay. just that i want it to work right now...be easy and nice. isn't always that way, but with a little work, it's great...ya know what i mean????

· Registered
575 Posts
i can say that when my cousin did it, she just did it and she really enjoyed doing it. but she got the hang of it right off, that just isn't right, now is it? i mean, you need to stuff a little, right? lol. think once you have the hang of it, it is a great thing to add to your list of doing things...just saying..

· Registered
2,616 Posts
Knooking is a japanese way of knitting it was developed for one handed people by a phyiscal threapist. Then it found it's way to France and other parts of Europe. Now it is here and has been we just didn't know about it unless someone in the family knew and taught you how. Using the knook isn't that hard and you need to work on your tension. At first it will seem awkward but when you get that first project done you start thinking of ways to improve your results. You can use a locker hook in place of the one that is being sold by Leisure arts and other companies. Or, you can make your own by drilling a hole in the end of a crochet hook to put the cord through. For beginners I suggest that you use lifelines so you don't have to take out the entire piece if you make a mistake. I enjoy my knook as it gives me the best of both knitting and crochet. You can also use almost any pattern from either with the knook. I have a forum called, (my first knooked scarf.) drop by any time if you need help. I have also posted a coupld of pics for everyone to see. Good luck and happy Knooking.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom