Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
  • Wondering how to use different site features? Please visit our FAQ. Still have questions? Post to our Community Help section for a speedy response.
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone tried knooking? It is a combination of knitting and crocheting. I just ran across this method several days ago and started working on an afghan. It is a nice change of pace. You use both your skills.
I have been knitting and crocheting for a long time. I am just finding knooking a nice change of pace. Let's say different.
You can find all about knooking from the Leisure Arts website.
Will post pic when I have enough completed to show you.
Happy knitting, crocheting and knooking!!!!!!

·
Registered
298 Posts
I saw a kit at Walmart for it. It looked interesting but I have so many projects started with knitting and crocheting. I can't imagine adding Knooking to that! lol But it does look fun!

·
Registered
575 Posts
my cousin does it and you can't believe how beautiful the baby blankets are that she makes with it. she can't crochet, but you couldn't prove it by what she does. i seen a video on youtube, had i seen that first i would think what a waste of time, but watching donna, it isn't and it is lovely.
for me, i haven't conquerored it bec i haven't had the desire to, but she says it was easy for her. got her a book and she was off and running.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hello,
Nice to see some one else is enjoying knooking. I picked up a kit that has 3 sizes of knooks and 3 cords with a book with beginner patterns of baby blanket, wash cloth,lap throw and cowl. All for $6.99 at Wal-Mart. :) I knit and crochet but find it easy and fun doing both together. If your looking for a change, I'ld give this a try. :thumbup:

·
Registered
1,795 Posts
I do a little knooking. More just to add it to my big list of things I can do. Love learning new things. Have to fiddle to much with it for it to be something I want to trade in my needles for but it does make a very nice change of pace. Haven't really done anything with it other than test different knit stitches and techniques. I have not tried it yet but you can also switch back and forth between knit and crochet with this.....

·
Registered
517 Posts
I have made a lot of dishcloths and I prefer them over the knitted or crocheted ones. Just started an afghan for my grandson. I really enjoy this . I had some wooden crochet hooks and had my son-in-law drill a hole in each on and purchased some cord. I think I should have him make the end where the hole is smaller.. I have both of the Knook sets.

Mamawlake said:
Has anyone tried knooking? It is a combination of knitting and crocheting. I just ran across this method several days ago and started working on an afghan. It is a nice change of pace. You use both your skills.
I have been knitting and crocheting for a long time. I am just finding knooking a nice change of pace. Let's say different.

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
Our local walmart doesn't carry the Knook.
I went on line to try to buy and neither Jo Ann or Michaels have them listed. ACMoore is out of stock as is Leisure Arts.
Now I am going to find a set and try it out of sheer stubborness.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
You sound like me. Once I saw this method on the internet, I made a mad dash to Walmart's to make my purchase. ($6.99). Make sure you watch the video at Leisure Arts. I sometimes have a problem getting to hook in just the right place to complete a stitch, but I just forge onward. You really can't go fast as you might with regular knitting or crocheting, but it is still a fun method. No worry about dropping a stitch because the cord through the stitches keep them there. Also, easy to rip out if you have to.
Just a nice change of pace. I am enjoying playing around with it.

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
I got mine last week, havent had much time to play with it yet though. I am very excited!! Leisurearts.com has free patterns available if you are interested :)
Mamawlake said:

·
Registered
467 Posts
I joined the Ygroup for this but I have not found the kit or the knook yet. I was thinking I would just try taping some cord to a hook I don't need just now...

Ok... it's on the list (along with a 1000 other things) ;D

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
darski said:
I joined the Ygroup for this but I have not found the kit or the knook yet. I was thinking I would just try taping some cord to a hook I don't need just now...

Ok... it's on the list (along with a 1000 other things) ;D
It is here if you cant find it at you local yarn shop, walmart, beverlys, or hancocks:
http://www.leisurearts.com/how-to-knook?p=2

·
Registered
467 Posts
I'm in Canada and we don't get the benefit of new stuff for a while. I also never ever shop online. I can't afford to have some hacker steal my identity so I 'just say no'. ROTFLMHO

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
darski said:
I'm in Canada and we don't get the benefit of new stuff for a while. I also never ever shop online. I can't afford to have some hacker steal my identity so I 'just say no'. ROTFLMHO
I completely understand! I use a load and go card for shopping online. I only put enough on it to use it for the purchase I am making that day :)

·
Registered
1,795 Posts
RUSTYDANCER66 said:
Our local walmart doesn't carry the Knook.
I went on line to try to buy and neither Jo Ann or Michaels have them listed. ACMoore is out of stock as is Leisure Arts.
Now I am going to find a set and try it out of sheer stubborness.
I bought mine here a couple months back as I like having the most variety and used youtube videos to learn it. I pick things up real easy anyways....
http://www.ebay.com/itm/220814215048?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2648
Did not take real long to get them. I think like 2 weeks....

·
Registered
121 Posts
I already had a hook in my possession from my gathering along the years but didn't know what it was for....now I do. On my first try, after watching a you tube, how to, I made this little outfit. the recipient like it. It is easier to do if you have carpal tunnel, at least it is for me. I found it so easy I made a second one. Happy crafting everyone ! -mar

Attachments

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom