Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Working on Knit Night pattern by Debbi Stone. It's on Ravelry but I don't know how to put it in a link.
I'm beginning the Knotted Stockinette pattern part of the pattern.
On row 1, I'm supposed to do a "knotst" which is explained as K3tog, leave sets on needle, yo and knit same 3 stitches together again.
I don't understand how you knit 3 together and still have the same 3 stitches available. When you knit them together
don't they become 1 stitch????
HELP!

·
Registered
7,339 Posts
When you first knit 3 tog you do not slip them off the left hand needle, then make a yo on the right hand needle and knit through the same stitches again. Kind of like knitting into the front and back of the same stitch. You will have three stitches at this time on the right hand needle, 1st K,yo, and 2nd K. Now you slip the original three stitches off the left hand needle. Rather like making a bobble.

I guess fergablu. was typing at the same time. :sm01:

·
Registered
840 Posts
Gloverbj said:
Working on Knit Night pattern by Debbi Stone. It's on Ravelry but I don't know how to put it in a link.
On row 1, I'm supposed to do a "knotst" which is explained as K3tog, leave sets on needle, yo and knit same 3 stitches together again.
I don't understand how you knit 3 together and still have the same 3 stitches available. When you knit them together
HELP!
Maybe this will help

·
Registered
4,845 Posts
Gloverbj said:
HELP!
Here is a great video:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom