Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,

My name is Kristi Gaither. I am a proud CornHusker! I am married to Dale and have two children, Grant 19, and Gabe 14. I love the outdoors and often take my knitting with me. I really enjoy sitting outside with my knitting on my lap.

I am knit in spurts. I currently have 5 projects that I want to complete. One is an afgan that I just need to sew together. I have another one I have started, but not to serious about it. I have a 3rd afgan that I am knitting for any one of the new babies that we are getting this year. I have a sweater that I started, pulled out and restarted, then I have a pair of socks that I must finish. Love them, but it takes me a while.

I am also doing the master knitting program from TKGA. I have completed one swatch. It makes me nervouse, so I put it off. It is ridiculous, all there going to do is send it back with corrections, but procrastination is the mother of all laziness and there must be an excuse!

I currently have my niece, her husband (part-time) and her for children living with us for a little while. My great niece and nephews are wonderful, but wow, I forgot what little children are like. No time for myself unless they go to Omaha to visit her parents (my brother and sister-in-law). We are also sewing diapers for the babies, to cut down costs! Wonderful, but time taken.

I am also an intensive care nurse, and I love my job. This is my second career. I returned to college once I was laid off in the early 2000's. I feel fortunate to do what I should have done in the first place. This is my calling and I am happy to be a part of this noble profession. I do feel that I am much better at understanding patients and families, because I had so many years of not knowing health information and feeling bewildered. I committed to myself to be that nurse who could show compassion and explain information in an easy to understand format for everyone to understand so they can make decisions with a clear mind and heart. Sometimes those decisions are rough.

Lastly, I apparently love to babble! Here you have it, Kristi in a nutshell. I love knitting and crafting in general because it helps me to create something and see others wear it or feel it myself. I love it!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I live on the Northeastern border. I am at the Nebraska, Iowa, South Dakota intersection. It is funny, I used to drive from Nebraska, through Iowa and I worked in South Dakota! People get confused by it all. We do love the Western part of Nebraska and usually go camping out there on vacation. We want to make it into Colorado and do mountains, but we have to be careful and choose a low land area so we don't get mountain sickness. Low landers, what can you do!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom