Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
  • Wondering how to use different site features? Please visit our FAQ. Still have questions? Post to our Community Help section for a speedy response.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Row 15: *slip 1, k13, yo, k2tog, k5, k2tog, [yo,k2tog.]3 times
I get that]

Can you please explain row 16.
Row 16: k1 slip the stitch back to the left hand needle [I get that,
now what I don't understand is this part] lift 5 stitches over it and
off the needle, return the stitch to the right hand needle,
k2tog, k6, p9, [yo,k2tog] twice, k1.
Repeat rows 1- 16
Can you break it down for me please.
Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
13,792 Posts
koalablue said:
Row 15: *slip 1, k13, yo, k2tog, k5, k2tog, [yo,k2tog.]3 times
I get that]

Can you please explain row 16.
Row 16: k1 slip the stitch back to the left hand needle [I get that,
now what I don't understand is this part] lift 5 stitches over it and
off the needle, return the stitch to the right hand needle,
k2tog, k6, p9, [yo,k2tog] twice, k1.
Repeat rows 1- 16
Can you break it down for me please.
Thanks in advance.
Got to love the Reply to feature!
You are lifting the stitches that would have come next as you would a PSSO - only coming from the left towards the right. You won't use them again for that row after slipping them past the 'held' stitch you briefly put back on the left needle. This is a 6 stitch decrease followed by a 2 stitch decrease - normal K6, P9 follows.
YO, K2tog, YO, K2tog - an increase followed by a matching decrease, done twice.
Last stitch of k1.

You keep doing all 16 rows until you either run out of knitting material, get tired, or the length is achieved.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm not understanding, after I place the knitted stitch back to the left hand
needle do I slide the 5 sts from the right hand needle to the left hand needle
and then slide the stitches over the 1 knitted stitch and then put back the 1 knitted stitch back to the right hand needle? did I get it right?

Thank you kaixixang for responding to my question I haven't heard from any one else, thank you for taking time to help.
Maree.

·
Registered
2 Posts
What she was saying is that after you knit the 1st st and slide it back on to the left needle, insert the right needle into the next 5 stitches on the left needle (from right to left), lift and slide them over that 1st knitted st, and off the left needle (and the right needle). You have just made a very thick decrease. Now slide that knitted stitch back to the right needle. (It's just like passing a stitch over a knitted stitch, but you're passing 5 stitches over the knitted st at one time.)

·
Registered
1,668 Posts
The two preceeding answers explain it. I'm just wondering what pattern you are knitting (?). Vogue 21 Lace Shawl had something similar (not the same) to this if I remember correctly and it was very pretty the way it came out (still need to finish the sides of that pattern :roll: Do you have a picture of the pattern you are doing?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank you wonderful, smart ladies in KP land for guiding me in the right direction on the '' lace edge'' question. This kind of ''stitching'' was new to me I never came across a left psso. The pattern is called '' Plaited Lace Edging'' I'm trying out all these different edging patterns, so you might
hear from me again with another question.Thanks again I knew you would come through for me.
Maree.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom