Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
  • Wondering how to use different site features? Please visit our FAQ. Still have questions? Post to our Community Help section for a speedy response.
1 - 20 of 1356 Posts

·
Registered
81,246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Lace Party started about 7 or 8 years ago, when someone especially gifted chose to share that skill.
people have come and gone the one thing static is that we have grown in caring, and our love pf lace, woven, tatted. bobbin or knitted.
About the only constant is that we start afresh around 90 or 100 pages
So here goes once more from the deep South as we head into Spring
Do join us, comment, photos WIP'a welcome

I have started us over

Lace, Friendship Knitting, Tatting, and all things Gourmet

in Swaps KAL's etc 29th September

What a muffle I have landed us in!!!!!!

·
Registered
6,875 Posts
Lurker 2 said:
The Lace Party started about 7 or 8 years ago, when someone especially gifted chose to share that skill.
people have come and gone the one thing static is that we have grown in caring, and our love pf lace, woven, tatted. bobbin or knitted.
About the only constant is that we start afresh around 90 or 100 pages
So here goes once more from the deep South as we head into Spring
Do join us, comment, photos WIP'a welcome

I have started us over

Lace, Friendship Knitting, Tatting, and all things Gourmet

in Swaps KAL's etc 29th September

What a muffle I have landed us in!!!!!!
Julie, thank you for starting this new thread!

·
Registered
13,791 Posts
I have to move to my new apartment tomorrow but I am chiming in! :sm24:

·
Registered
13,791 Posts
run4fittness said:
Goodness, another move. Hope you are able to stay there a bit longer and you have your plants with you.
We are only just now moving…after 2 weeks delay.

·
Registered
6,159 Posts
Hello everyone! I’m not getting much done craft wise these few weeks but am still looking in from time to time. Sending good wishes/hugs to each and every “stick-holder” here. See you later.... Lin

·
Registered
13,791 Posts
Lurker 2 said:
A little respite from moving would be nice for you Karen
I am hoping that EVERYTHING will be moved in a single trip! Especially my current plants!!!

Which makes me want to get currents for next year :sm23:

·
Registered
157,783 Posts
kaixixang said:
I am hoping that EVERYTHING will be moved in a single trip! Especially my current plants!!!

Which makes me want to get currents for next year :sm23:
You would need larger containers! But, why not. Go for it if you have the room.

Sort of like I want a green house now. Give the pepper plants a better start next yearn instead of using my craft room as a plant room. Yes, Joe made me an inside green house, but it needs to be bigger.

·
Registered
6,333 Posts
Sounds familiar,, a bigger greenhouse..then bigger and bigger LOL Good luck of finally finding one big enough.. Great to hear from a gardener though
run4fittness said:
You would need larger containers! But, why not. Go for it if you have the room.

Sort of like I want a green house now. Give the pepper plants a better start next yearn instead of using my craft room as a plant room. Yes, Joe made me an inside green house, but it needs to be bigger.

Reactions: Bonnie7591

·
Registered
157,783 Posts
For the Love of Shetland said:
Sounds familiar,, a bigger greenhouse..then bigger and bigger LOL Good luck of finally finding one big enough.. Great to hear from a gardener though
I know! I have two veggie gardens outside. The smaller one is for the peppers. The big one is for the rest of the veggies. And does it count as a third veggie garden if it is for garlic, onions and chives? Because I dug a new one this year for that. And already have some garlic coming up! Just planted on Sep 13, so plenty of time to get the root systems going for the winter. Plus I will need to put some sort of compost covering over it before the winter weather hits.

·
Registered
81,246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
run4fittness said:
I know! I have two veggie gardens outside. The smaller one is for the peppers. The big one is for the rest of the veggies. And does it count as a third veggie garden if it is for garlic, onions and chives? Because I dug a new one this year for that. And already have some garlic coming up! Just planted on Sep 13, so plenty of time to get the root systems going for the winter. Plus I will need to put some sort of compost covering over it before the winter weather hits.
In Christchurch I had a layer of gardens- we didn't get much frost, just enough to allow growing currants raspberries and so on- and still have Kiwifruit. I grew potatoes one year but decided they were an awful lot of work for what you got. Was in the middle of establishing Asparagus when I left.

·
Registered
157,783 Posts
Lurker 2 said:
In Christchurch I had a layer of gardens- we didn't get much frost, just enough to allow growing currants raspberries and so on- and still have Kiwifruit. I grew potatoes one year but decided they were an awful lot of work for what you got. Was in the middle of establishing Asparagus when I left.
Oooh, I have an Asparagus bed! This was the third summer so was able to harvest a few spears. Next year should really be a good year to start enjoying. Definitely a time delayed gratification.

·
Registered
6,333 Posts
Well you are both lucky.I only have my greenhouse now plus large pots, having this second house built on the property sort of took up a big lump.It is all on one level, I have a dedicaed workroom and no expenses , daughter and Sil have the main house so I am safe in my old age ..

1 - 20 of 1356 Posts
Top Bottom