Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
  • Wondering how to use different site features? Please visit our FAQ. Still have questions? Post to our Community Help section for a speedy response.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
27,081 Posts
What is the name of the pattern? With the information you have given I would say no. Some lace patterns are worked on every row and on a lot of lace patterns the lace stitches are worked every other row.

·
Registered
1,931 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Here's the pattern:

CO 44 st
Knit 1 roa
Pattern:
K1, K2tog, *yo, k2,yo,k2tog, k3, k2tog* repeat between *'s 3 more times, yo, k2, yo, k2tog, k1.

repeat pattern row until it is as long as you want.

I posted last week I think. I am having problems with it. I only get a few rows in and I then have 1 too many or too few stitches. Someone earlier said the pattern was wrong, but I have the same number of YOs and K2togethers.

Then I thought maybe it needed a knit row for the YO's

·
Registered
717 Posts
it says to repeat pattern row. that is the yo row. t After knitting a swatch, I found no errors in the pattern. Each row if correctly knitted and counted has exactly 44 stitches. You must be careful to make sure that you are not missing a yarn over when doing your rows.
There is no knit row between the pattern row.

·
Registered
1,931 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I am going to have to try it in a heavier yarn. I have started and torn out maybe 20 times now! and am so frustrated! don't even get far enough for a life line!

·
Registered
300 Posts
Markers! You need markers! I believe the pattern consists on just that one row - no knit or purl rows. Do this: k1, k2tog, place marker, do the repeat, place marker, do another repeat, and place marker etc until you get to the last 5 stitches, place marker, and do the yo, k2, yo, k2tog, k1. Each repeat should contain 9 stitches, counting the yos. If you have more or less, frog that particular repeat and redo it.

·
Registered
23,691 Posts
it will most often be a knit or purl row... its called (by me) a resting row... so you have lots of activity on row 1 and rest on row 2 or the other way around it all depends on the pattern... just follow the pattern...
there are some knit lace patterns that are active on all the rows so you need to really read them and know what you are doing..

·
Registered
11,991 Posts
lovey said:
Here's the pattern:

CO 44 st
Knit 1 roa
Pattern:
K1, K2tog, *yo, k2,yo,k2tog, k3, k2tog* repeat between *'s 3 more times, yo, k2, yo, k2tog, k1.

repeat pattern row until it is as long as you want.

I posted last week I think. I am having problems with it. I only get a few rows in and I then have 1 too many or too few stitches. Someone earlier said the pattern was wrong, but I have the same number of YOs and K2togethers.

Then I thought maybe it needed a knit row for the YO's
It looks like you are suppose to repeat that same pattern - odds and evens - both ways...

·
Registered
23,691 Posts
HandyFamily said:
It looks like you are suppose to repeat that same pattern - odds and evens - both ways...
Actually now that I read the pattern that is the way it sounds to me also... with no resting rows inbetween unless it says different in another spot on the pattern..

the K1 row is just a 1 time thing.. getting the project into place for the rest of the pattern...

·
Registered
489 Posts
Anne S said:
Markers! You need markers! I believe the pattern consists on just that one row - no knit or purl rows. Do this: k1, k2tog, place marker, do the repeat, place marker, do another repeat, and place marker etc until you get to the last 5 stitches, place marker, and do the yo, k2, yo, k2tog, k1. Each repeat should contain 9 stitches, counting the yos. If you have more or less, frog that particular repeat and redo it.
:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
I am knitting a scarf with a very similar pattern. Every row is the same, there is no "resting" row. I think this is what your pattern says to do. If you are ending up with too many or too few stitches, you are missing a K2tog or adding a YO somewhere along the row. As suggested by others, placing markers may help. When I am having trouble with a lace pattern, I talk through the pattern as I knit. Seems to help keep me on track. Happy knitting, and post a picture when you finish!

·
Registered
9,634 Posts
I use markers and make a check list. It's excessive but I have attention deficit problems and until I memorize a pattern, I use a check list. I also do wha dalex1945 does and "talk" through a pattern.

·
Registered
1,931 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I have started this many times and it is me! not the pattern. I finally did a swatch with a larger yarn. I did it with a knit row, a purl row, and as a pattern row. I decided I like it better with a knit row in between the pattern rows and haven't had trouble since. I think it was a combination of thin yarn and maybe poor lighting, but the light is the same and I am off and running.
I don't think the markers would work if you did a pattern row each time because of the beginning and ending are different.
Thank you for your suggestions.

·
Registered
805 Posts
When I'm having trouble with a lace pattern, I use markers at each repeat and count, count, count. If I'm off it's because I've missed a yo or a k2 together that counting finds that away. I also talk my way through a pattern.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom