Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
i too have difficulty with this.. almost impossible to do without actually seeing the work. but have learned about a life line. on one of your plainer rows/rounds - usually a knit/purl row/round if there is one...at any rate on the plainest row/round run a waste yarn through all stitches on that row/round while leaving the stitches on the needle. continue on. i run this line about every 10 -15 rounds depending on complexity of pattern. when i realize i have a problem i can't fiddle with/fix i bite-the-bullet and rip back to the life line and commence again. learned this from Meg Swanson.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Yesterday someone asked how to make 9 sts out of one. It is
really easy, no matter which method of knitting you use
(American or European).
You knit to where it says make 9 sts out of one. K next st, but do not remove the knitted st from the left hand needle. Yarn over, [through the knitted st knit another st,again leave the just knitted st on the left hand needle, yarn over]repeat until you have 8 sts worked, k another st through the used st, it will be your 9th. Now lift the st off the needle and continue in pattern. In her next row treat each yarn over as a st. G.E.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I just found a thing that might help you. If you have to rip back in regular knitting, just run a smaller needle through the row under the mistake. Make sure it starts at the right side to knit the stitches off if possible or else you have to transfer stitches to another needle and that they are all facing the right or at least the same way. Rip to your hearts content and they theory is that the ripping will stop at the needle. :lol: :wink: :idea:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom