Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
1 - 20 of 1,112 Posts
Discussion starter · #1 ·
Greetings Lace Party-ers and guests. A note to the newcomers: the Lace Party grew out of a workshop hosted by Dragonflylace (a/k/a DFL). The workshop is still here on KP. Everyone is welcome to join us as often as you like at the Lace Party. We share our daily goings-on and, of course, our knitting projects. We do love to see photos, finished projects or WIPs. If you have a question, just ask; someone is sure to answer. Every two weeks, on a pre-arranged schedule, someone hosts a new Lace Party. Sometimes we work on the same project, but we always share whatever we are working on, lace or not. We hope you will join us.

You are invited to join us in knitting lace and sharing your projects. We enjoy pictures, seeing progress Our main requirement is mutual respect for everyone.

This session we are working on WIPs and seeing pictures from my trip to Hawaii. I think we all have things we are trying to finish.

In February, my DH and I decided to spend a month on the big island of Kona in Hawaii. He is an outside kind of guy and feels trapped in the winter. We managed it by inviting our very close friends to spend part of the month with us. My DH is the seeker of great places to stay and found an oceanfront condo for us in Kailua-Kona. One evening I was catching up on the phone with my wonderful friend, Kathleen, in Houston. We decided to have a real girly conversation with wine. As the conversation went on, she asked what trips we were planning. Eventually, I blurted out "you should come for a week!" It took her about 10 seconds to say, "are you kidding me?" And the rest is history.

Attachments

mossstitch said:
Beautiful pictures .
How does one hook up with the lace party ??
Hi -- Mossstitch. All you have to do is follow along. Most of us "Watch" the discussion so we get e-mail notices when new messages are posted. Every 2 weeks we start a new discussion in the SWAP..... etc section. The name of each discussion starts with "Lace Party". I hope you will continue to join us and please jump in with your comments. We'd love to get to know you a bit better. The group is very warm and welcoming and we are all lace addicts and enjoy enabling each other. You'll also see that our interests are far ranging and we freely share those interests too. The one thing that has been consistently true since the beginning is that we enjoy each other and do what we can to help our fellow lace knitters and KP'rs.

So, please jump in. We'd love to meet you.

Thanks so much Belle1 ,I hope I can figure out how to join in . I Have been knitting forever but made my first lace scarf just a few years ago ,I took a class first . I LOVE the beautiful shawls I have seen on KP . I took the Laura Nelkin class on Craftsy once ,I had to give up because I could not use stitch markers . Those are essential for me .

Thanks for starting a new LP, Barbara. Great photos. Hawaii is such a beautiful place & such a bonus you got to spend time with your good friend. We went about 10 yrs ago for 11 days to Honolulu & Maui. We hope to go again & see the other islands

Discussion starter · #13 ·
mossstitch said:
Beautiful pictures .
How does one hook up with the lace party ??
Welcome Mossstitch. We are glad to have you. If you want to share, let us know a little about you. You will learn about all of us if you follow the party.

Discussion starter · #14 ·
Bonnie7591 said:
Thanks for starting a new LP, Barbara. Great photos. Hawaii is such a beautiful place & such a bonus you got to spend time with your good friend. We went about 10 yrs ago for 11 days to Honolulu & Maui. We hope to go again & see the other islands
Thanks, Pam and Bonnie. We went for our first time two years ago and went to Maui, Kona and Honolulu to see Pearl Harbor.

One or more new people! Who knows what we'll have this set of 100 (+/- 50 pages). :sm23: :sm23: :sm23:

Bonnie7591 said:
Okra is one vegetable I've never tried. I think it's a southern thing?
I'd be surprised how much of a crop you got considering the temperature range you get in Saskatchewan, CA . I know Okra has 2 types (thorned and non-) and can grow in growth zones 4-10 here in the US. You may need to water it so it doesn't wilt if you notice it drooping...but you shouldn't have difficulty growing some.
tamarque said:
Neat, but how do you use this pdf?
You can get the cloth (or cloth transfer) sheets from JoAnn's and Michael's...maybe Hobby Lobby. I would have recommended Hancock Fabrics but they're going out of business in quite a few places if not nationwide in the US. Near the quilting section at JoAnn's was the one place I saw a few.
tamarque said:
FYI, the heat + humidity around here is downright dangerous now. There has been a multi-country weather warning for several days with the heat index in triple digits due to the humidity. Even early this a.m. when the temp read only 80*F, stepping out side was like an intense sauna. Have barely been able to move for days now. I have no A/C.
I've been there several times at the old apartment...no A/C. Swamp cooler method on the shadiest sides of the house where possible is the first possible solution I can recommend. I feel for you!
I gave this link before...but I wouldn't mind a selection sent to my new address for this/next year: http://www.rareseeds.com/summer-savory/
...under $2 for 300 seed

Maybe not available THIS year as supply may have been used up...but keep checking the Rareseeds website for other selections! PM me if you get the seeds so I might have some?

Bonnie7591 and tamarque --> You might want to at least look at the Rareseeds website for the Okra...if you care to. It grows better ground-based/larger planter than I currently have available. I know I need a larger planter for my Heirloom tomatoes next year. I can always move the planters to the North side if they don't improve at the South side. :sm24:

Attachments

Lizmossstitch said:
Thanks so much Belle1 ,I hope I can figure out how to join in . I Have been knitting forever but made my first lace scarf just a few years ago ,I took a class first . I LOVE the beautiful shawls I have seen on KP . I took the Laura Nelkin class on Craftsy once ,I had to give up because I could not use stitch markers . Those are essential for me .
Lizmissstitch, nothing special to do but read along, comment when you feel like it, share pictures of what you are working on, and if we start a knit along you are interested in, knit with us. If you want to know more about us, search for previous Lace Party topics. You have joined, just come back but know we are a chatty group and discuss a variety of things, garden, bugs, pests, wild life, post links of patterns we find, pictures and more. The last party was a series of farm life stories and an view from the eyes of someone growing up there. Stories from age 5 to present. We go on vacation with others through their pictures, tour areas, cry in the frog pond together, and help others increase their stash and wip. :sm11:

kaixixang said:
One or more new people! Who knows what we'll have this set of 100 (+/- 50 pages). :sm23: :sm23: :sm23:

I've been there several times at the old apartment...no A/C. Swamp cooler method on the shadiest sides of the house where possible is the first possible solution I can recommend. I feel for you!
I gave this link before...but I wouldn't mind a selection sent to my new address for this/next year: http://www.rareseeds.com/summer-savory/
...under $2 for 300 seed

Maybe not available THIS year as supply may have been used up...but keep checking the Rareseeds website for other selections! PM me if you get the seeds so I might have some?

Bonnie7591 and tamarque --> You might want to at least look at the Rareseeds website for the Okra...if you care to. It grows better ground-based/larger planter than I currently have available. I know I need a larger planter for my Heirloom tomatoes next year. I can always move the planters to the North side if they don't improve at the South side. :sm24:
If okra grows in zones 4-10, I sure can't grow it???? We are zone 2

Lizmossstitch said:
Liz -- Since we are all friends/nearly family, many refer to me as DeEtta which is my real name and you are welcome to also. As for markers --- I can't knit without them. They are like my third and fourth hand and maybe my mind too. Have you found your way with them yet?

1 - 20 of 1,112 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom