Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
1 - 20 of 1,112 Posts
Babalou said:
Aloha, today's photos will be of a drive down Ali'i Drive on the west side of the island to the southern tip. By the way, Ali'i, pronounced Ah-lee-ee, refers to the heridetary line of rulers, chief, queen, etc. One thing my sister taught me was that in the Hawaiian language, all the vowels are pronounced. Mahalo (thank you) for looking at my pictures.

The first few are of St. Benedict's Catholic Church, constructed around 1900. Interestingly enough, its address is on Painted Church Road, named for the frescoes inside.
Wonderful photos, Barbara! :sm02:

Babalou said:
How about some turtles today? These were taken in the tide pool just outside our condo. Kathleen, my friend, is the person in the pictures. In the first picture, you can see the turtle's back. We were really rooting for the turtle to get on the rock. Such a challenge for them. The last picture is of black spiny sea urchins. You really don't want to step on them.
Great photos! Thank you! :sm02: :sm02:

sisu said:
DeEtta, so glad you got your tablecloth packed and off to the fair. Sorry to hear about your neighbors and their wandering cows on your property. What a pain!
Love your new stash busting blanket. Nice combination of colors.

Lots of wonderful color combos in that link Tricia - thanks.

Great turtle pictures Barbara. They really are amazing creatures.
Sounds like you had a good relaxing day yesterday!

Here's a picture of my August pattern for the 2016 year of lace scarf (BON).
Also got a picture of a butterfly on my butterfly bush!
Your August BON looks great, Caryn, and what a beautiful butterfly photo! :sm24:

Ronie said:
Hi we made it home... very long day but so much fun!

Barbara you pictures are great.. your husband has a good eye.. mine are always iffy at best but it is fun.. I love the palm trees and sun set.. very very pretty. And your sweater is great! I also like the way the colors pool in different ways.. I see a large flower in the middle of the back!

Thanks for bringing up boo knits pattern again Tanya I grabbed it also.. it looks like a fun knit..

I am going to try to up load some pictures.. We didn't see much as far as wildlife goes, but I did get to see my turtle.. :) the lady in front of me was constantly taking pictures so it was hard to get a good shot around her!

It was very warm up there. We were told it was going to get to 100+ so the spins and playing around in the river really felt good.. we got soaked so many times and then dried off in minutes.. I did take a nice hot shower when I got home though...
Great photos, Ronie! Looks and sounds like a great day on the boat! :sm24:

Babalou said:
Since I piqued your interest in the button on the cardi, here is a close up picture. I think it really matches the sweater nicely. A tad pricey, I think it was around $9 but there wasn't much point in putting a cheap button on nice yarn.
It's a beautiful button and is perfect with that yarn! Well done. :sm24:

tamarque said:
Barbara--what an experience to be on that coast line. Must have been exhilarating as well as challenging. Mind blowing to think that Antarctica is the next landing and how many early Hawaiins were able to navigate those ocean waters with hand dug vessels. That has always awed me.
Ditto from me, Barbara. Wonderful photos and history lesson! :sm24:

1 - 20 of 1,112 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom