Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
1 - 16 of 1,112 Posts
Thanks Barbara...I love Hawaii...have been to Kauai, Oahu, Molokai (on excursion) and we took one trip where we cruised around the islands and stopped briefly at several. I love the trips where we spend time on one island. Kauai is my favorite one...mainly because it is so protected...not many people and most is protected by parks.

I am doing marathon Olympic watching knitting on my Estonian piece...it is coming along nicely, but not exactly as planned...when I finish this next part, I will let you all take a look and tell me what you think...

LinaJO said:
Well, hi, I've been wanting to join one of your lace parties since it was suggested to me by one of your members. I've been working on the lace workshop but had to take a break to make something for the very ill daughter of a friend...a WIP party sounds just right for me to start with!
Welcome LinaJo....you will always find some interesting projects...lots of help, patterns, recipes...pictures, etc. We all help and encourage each other...hope you will have a wonderful time at the Party!!!

http://www.knittingparadise.com/t-418518-1.html

Did you all see this lovely Shetland Piece this morning. It is from one of Elizabeth Lovick's books...There are two books with almost the exact title...one is The Magic of Shetland Lace Knitting and the other is "Magical Shetland Lace Knitting" This Christening gown is from the "Magical"...title...unfortunatley not the one I own. Just thought you might want to take a look. I might look to see if my library has this second book.

good Morning!!!

Not sure why I am not getting updates, but will chime in to say hello. Working on a solution to a problem with my design...ughhhhh...anyway, all is well and will get pictures when I can.

Love all the pics of Hawaii...the church is so beautiful!!!

Thanks for all the well wishes...we have been through everything together. We have actually been together since 1974...dated for 3 years before getting married...but those were different times. So really 42 years...all of my adult life.

Ronie said:
Caryn that is a great picture of you and the King! I won't even try to type out his name.. but a great picture..

Karen I love what you are doing with the dishcloth pattern.. I love the Redheart Soft colors.. and they will make a beautiful blanket!! about how long does it take you to make a square? I have saved this pattern... I love what Ros did too... I bet that was for one of her little ones.. :sm01:

I ordered my yarn yesterday I got the Malachite color way.. http://www.craftsy.com/supplies/artyarns-exclusive-milano-fade-yarn-gradient-pack/29991?dts=Deal-Sold&suid=501535 and a big Woo Hoo for me.. I paid $17.50 yesterday (Sunday) and this morning it is back up to $26.25... still a deal but I got a better one... LOL I have a few shawls that would be nice.. now I wish I had picked up the Sapphire color too... maybe next time if I like the way this works up..
Hi Roni, glad you got the "Black Friday" deal.....I chose NOT to buy, because, well...I have so much yarn now that I am way beyond the "life expectancy" level...soooo...I can be happy that someone got in on their fabulous prices....but a little sad that I didn't "go for it"... :sm13:

annweb said:
Beautiful yarn Ronie .
I have now put the Boo Knits Mustard Seed on the boards .It is much brighter than the picture portrays .First Gift scarf version is waiting to be soaked .
I can't find this on Ravelry...can you please give the link...I am searching for Mustard Seed and don't come up with a shawl like this....thanks.

OOPs got it is spelled all as one word...Mustardseed...

Ronie said:
$4.55 is high but not so high that a cone of yarn for $5.55 I think is still a bargain... :sm02:
I was able to get two cones.....no, don't tell me, I don't need them...but for 7.99 I got about 4 pounds of yarn so maybe I will practice dyeing yarn with it. I was able to get one natural and one gold. I didn't want to try any other colors.

God, please help use knitters who buy great deals on yarn!!!

RosD said:
A few more things. ????
Okay, I know that I probably missed this post....I'm behind again....so busy with getting the pattern ready for the fall and then I am supposed to teach beginning lace knitting at the LYS in town...but I love those cuffed booties you made. You know, I'm going to have another Grandbaby in the February and I should know whether it is a boy or girl very soon...so I want to have some patterns ready. The little flat bottom and cuff are adorable......

Take care, and thanks in advance.

Okay, is this the one...I think I found it!!!

https://mariannaslazydaisydays.blogspot.co.uk/2016/04/baby-hug-boots.html

1 - 16 of 1,112 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom