Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
1 - 20 of 1,112 Posts
dragonflylace said:
http://www.knittingparadise.com/t-418518-1.html

Did you all see this lovely Shetland Piece this morning. It is from one of Elizabeth Lovick's books...There are two books with almost the exact title...one is The Magic of Shetland Lace Knitting and the other is "Magical Shetland Lace Knitting" This Christening gown is from the "Magical"...title...unfortunatley not the one I own. Just thought you might want to take a look. I might look to see if my library has this second book.
Beautiful, simply beautiful.

run4fittness said:
Here is one of my current WIPs. It is one of those mindless ones.

Yes, I dyed the yarn. It was an awful mustardy color. The yarn is Araucania, 100% merino wool, 139 yards. I will use most of it for the hat. I always leave a bit to send with the hat just in case there is a need to repairs.

Oh yes, I did the Kool Aid dyeing. I used two grapes and one cherry. Set it out in the sun for about an hour and ended up with this lovely combination.
My word what a huge improvement. Great hat :sm24:

Lurker 2 said:
The current WIP- Waiting for Rain with the left overs from the Oatmeal Gansey- it will be nice and warm. I am afraid I am still working from the written instructions. I have come down with a heavy head cold - brain not functioning properly.
Very pretty. Do get better soon. Fuzzy heads are no fun :sm25:

Bonnie, when I lived in England we lived near to where the wild blueberries grew. DH used to use child labour and they loved it :sm24: :sm23:

annweb said:
So many commented on my shawl so I shall do a communal very many thanks for your kind words .
Norma ...naughty DH using child labour .????Set the bees on him .
I picked bilberries ,sometimes called winberries ,as a teen as DF loved them in pies .Thought there would be some near you Norma .
Hope your knitting does well DeEtta .Trouble with some of these things is if the judge knows an entrant you have no chance .
Yes, probably. :sm24:

Babalou said:
How about some turtles today? These were taken in the tide pool just outside our condo. Kathleen, my friend, is the person in the pictures. In the first picture, you can see the turtle's back. We were really rooting for the turtle to get on the rock. Such a challenge for them. The last picture is of black spiny sea urchins. You really don't want to step on them.
Brilliant!

1 - 20 of 1,112 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom