Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
1 - 18 of 1,112 Posts
Lizmossstitch said:
Thanks so much Belle1 ,I hope I can figure out how to join in . I Have been knitting forever but made my first lace scarf just a few years ago ,I took a class first . I LOVE the beautiful shawls I have seen on KP . I took the Laura Nelkin class on Craftsy once ,I had to give up because I could not use stitch markers . Those are essential for me .
Lizmissstitch, nothing special to do but read along, comment when you feel like it, share pictures of what you are working on, and if we start a knit along you are interested in, knit with us. If you want to know more about us, search for previous Lace Party topics. You have joined, just come back but know we are a chatty group and discuss a variety of things, garden, bugs, pests, wild life, post links of patterns we find, pictures and more. The last party was a series of farm life stories and an view from the eyes of someone growing up there. Stories from age 5 to present. We go on vacation with others through their pictures, tour areas, cry in the frog pond together, and help others increase their stash and wip. :sm11:

run4fittness said:
Here is one of my current WIPs. It is one of those mindless ones.

Yes, I dyed the yarn. It was an awful mustardy color. The yarn is Araucania, 100% merino wool, 139 yards. I will use most of it for the hat. I always leave a bit to send with the hat just in case there is a need to repairs.

Oh yes, I did the Kool Aid dyeing. I used two grapes and one cherry. Set it out in the sun for about an hour and ended up with this lovely combination.
Very nice.

Have any of you seen it? In Wal Mart there were hanks of white yarn and different dyes. Too high for me to reach so I don't know the content of the yarn. It looked like it might be sport/baby weight and there were primary and secondary colors of dye.

kaixixang said:
When she isn't trying to replace her tractor/car with cattle 'transport'. :sm23: :sm23: :sm23:
I'm trying to figure out how to use them for lawn mowers without damage to the lawn, garden or the "mess." :sm15:
Might try the sherrif. If they are branded he should be able to identify the brand owner.
Once identified you can tell them the option come get them and repair any damage or you will sell it/them for pasture and damage. However if it is open range there that won't work. I would check with the sheriff first.

Belle1 said:
That's great, Bonnie. Actually, it isn't taking that long since it is just knitting, no increases, decreases, graphs, color changes or anything else time consuming. I have an idea for joining the blocks that I want to play with and if it works, then I won't even have to sew it up--wouldn't that be great. For right now, I just turn my fingers loose and so "go girls" and then I can think about something else. Will keep all of you informed as I either tank or complete this project.
With a little planning secondary designs can be created. Wave, diamond, and others. It a play of light and dark more than color.
Tradition was the center block was red to represent the hearth.

Some design ideas for lighttdark placement http://www.google.com/search?q=log+cabin+quilt&client=ms-android-uscellular-us&prmd=isvn&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjN5N-z-sbOAhVIax4KHbueDIMQ_AUIBygB&biw=962&bih=601

I got 1 wip done during the olympics. It is a cowl/hood made by making Toni's Forest Paths cowl higher. My model is in training and very reluctant. :sm19:
She complained about it being hot and it was bending her ears.

Attachments

tamarque said:
thanks for that support. i hate killing animals but rats are so damaging and can spread diseases as well as proliferate to quickly. don't think i ever had one in the garden before.
But do you have a cat now? You have mentioned having cats before.

Miss Pam said:
It's lovely, Tricia, and your model is being very patient with you. :sm02:
Actually Abner was over there and I wonder if she is asking "what is he doing", "shouldn't he wear this?" Or "what is he doing back there?"
On the other side just out of the picture is 18 yr old Freckles, blind and trying to find out what is going on. Looking for some food to steal.
Every time I would get it positioned, she would move so it slipped down.

tamarque said:
Not anymore--My last cat, Tiny, transitioned 2 yrs ago--can't believe it has been so long. I still 'see' him around here and one of his buddies still comes daily. But no more feline companions.
It might help. Maybe even the scent of one in the garden would help keep the rats away. Wonder it you can buy cat scent like doe scent? Probably would not fool them long though.

linda09 said:
Thank you, Pam. The other 2 are kiddy things so didn't take long. I just have one project at the moment - a sweater so I need to start something smaller - socks perhaps.
I read something the other day. Socks are small in size but large in stitches. About 17,000 stitches per sock.

annweb said:
Beautiful yarn Ronie .
I have now put the Boo Knits Mustard Seed on the boards .It is much brighter than the picture portrays .First Gift scarf version is waiting to be soaked .
Very pretty. I love the edging.

Barbara, what a lovely botanical garden. Thanks for the visit and tour.

Been busy knitting. Making a dent in the stash, almost 1/2 a tote so far and have 3 hats, 3 cowls, 1 scarf and found a start of an lap robe. It is pink and black granny squares. There is some black yarn but no more pink and I doubt it can be matched. It feels like the yarn that used to be packaged in kits back in the 70's. The colors remind me of Bobby sockers, poodle skirts, scarves or neck kerchieves, sweater sets, and rock and roll.
Found it in a trash bag of donated yarn along with some very bulky yarn with no label. The needles in it were size 8 but it was really tight. I find 13 (8 mm) tight and 15 a little loose but it will make a few fluffy cowls, large stitch caps or a scaft. I can get a simple hat from 1 skein. And make it in a couple of days. :sm01:

Belle1 said:
Barbara -- let me one of the first to thank you for such a wonderful 2 weeks. I've got the next two weeks and agreed to do them as a WIP session, but following you and Tricia, I'm going to feel like a dud. Trying to think of something exciting to add, but so far inspiration hasn't struck. I'll be posting the new thread Sunday am.

Have a great trip to Yosemite.
Belle, after your great lessons on Shetland knitting, I was worried following you. And those stories of cow antics are all the funny things that have happened. No trips, vacation pictures. You do such lovely work and probably have a topic or thought to get people chatting.

Lurker 2 said:
We have a similar sort of problem here, with trigger happy deer hunters shooting sometimes their own family, or those of another hunting party, dead, for careless discharge at any movement.
Reminds me of the story of a hunter that the game wardens could not convince had shot a horse instead of a deer, even though it was wearing shoes (horseshoes) :sm12:

1 - 18 of 1,112 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom