Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
17,961 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone knitted the Lace Top by Kiri Fitzgerald-Hillier, published in Yarns Magazine, issue 42?

It is worked in a circle to the underarms, with additional stitches added between the back and front at the underarm shaping. One complete pattern repeat on both the right and left hand side. Each pattern repeat is 16 stitches and 20 rows. It then divides for the front and the back and continues knitting in rows. This is where I am at but the stitch count does not match the instructions, they seem to have omitted 1 row of the pattern instructions. I will adjust the pattern to even up the stitches but was wondering if anyone had made this pattern and what they did.

·
Registered
15,751 Posts
Was looking for comments from others who have made the pattern on Ravelry; but couldn't find your pattern there even after searching the designer's name. Couldn't find the issue you mentioned either. Magazines are notorious for having errata on a lot of their patterns. All I can do is suggest that you go to the magazine website or the publisher's site & check for errata there. You could try to contact the designer directly through Ravelry. Good luck

·
Registered
17,961 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
laceluvr said:
Was looking for comments from others who have made the pattern on Ravelry; but couldn't find your pattern there even after searching the designer's name. Couldn't find the issue you mentioned either. Magazines are notorious for having errata on a lot of their patterns. All I can do is suggest that you go to the magazine website or the publisher's site & check for errata there. You could try to contact the designer directly through Ravelry. Good luck
I had checked the magazine website but no errata for the pattern. I have frogged it back to the armholes and will change to a pattern with separate sleeves. The sleeves are knitted together with the front and then the back portions but they are only very short, 1.5 inches plus 2 inches of ribbing. The part I found a little strange was the gradual widening of the body of the jumper by 2 inches at each side before the extra stitches for the sleeve are cast on. It makes the jumper very wide at that point. It should not be too hard to do, casting off for the sleeve, just casting off for x inches each side then a straight armhole edge to the shoulder seam. I can wing it for the sleeve by picking up the stitches around the armhole edge for the sleeve cap and knitting down the sleeve. I have done that before. It is an interesting pattern and looks great with my homespun merino, undyed, natural white colour, which is actually a cream colour.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom