Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been knitting all my life. It is my favorite hobby. However
I have never knitted a lace garment until now. Does anyone have any suggestions or hints for making my life easier? I have knitted the same 11 rows 3 times!!. I would appreciate any tips you might have. Thank you

·
Registered
761 Posts
I am also just learning how to knit lace & I am using the book Artic Lace Knitting Projects and Stories Inspired by Alaska's Native Knitters by Donna Druchunas. It is a book about women who knit with yarn made from musk ox. It also has leasons in the 2nd part of the book that teaches you how to make knitted lace. You start with size 7 needles & worsted weight yarn & work your way down to size 3 needles & lace weight yarns. I first found the book at the library & then I decided that I really wanted this book so I bought it for myself. It teaches you how to read the symbols & do each of the stitches needed & how to read charts.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Take notes -- something in the pattern you forgot the 1st time, row number, etc. Use LOTS of stitch markers -- if you know how many pattern repeats are in a row, its easier to fix mistakes or figure out where you are. Also, don't overdo it -- I screw up when I'm tired, trying to go too fast.

·
Registered
14,208 Posts
I suggest you check out Knit Picks ..they have lace tutorials there and also youtube...
Good Luck...knitting is my life.
Lace is amazing.
Camilla

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom