Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
15,145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://www.allfreecrochetafghanpatterns.com/Lace/Lacy-Turquoise-Fan-Throw#DfvKEHPlMV0Dpqv5.99
Red Heart website is down at this time. http://www.redheart.com/free-patterns/aqueous-throw

I have finished Row 1 with the 42 dc, 20 picots and 40 ch-2 spaces. Even with the correction, I'm confused as to where to put the sc. Does the first sc after the ch-6 go into the ch-2 space in the picot? Does the next sc go into the ch space between that picot and the 2 dc? or skip that space and go into ch-2 space after the 2 dc? Thanks

THROW
Ch 144.
Row 1 (right side): Working in back bars, dc in 4th ch from hook (beginning ch count as first dc), *ch 2, skip next 2 ch, picot in next ch, ch2, skip next 2 ch, dc in next 2 ch; repeat from *across-42 dc, 20 picots, and 40 ch-2 spaces.

Row 2: Ch 1, turn, sc between first 2 dc, ch 6, skip first ch-2 space, ch 1, sc in next ch-2space, *ch 6, sc in next ch-2 space, ch 1, sc in next ch-2 space; repeat from * across to last ch-2 space, skip last ch-2 space, ch 6, sc between last dc and beginning ch-40 sc, 20 ch-6 spaces, and 19 ch-1 spaces.

Correction:
Row 2 should read Ch6, skip first ch2 space, sc in next space, ch1, sc in next ch ch2 space. The rest of the instructions are correct. In other words, the ch 6 loop is over the picots, and the ch1 loop is over the 2 dc's. This will give you 20 ch6 loops, and 19 ch1 loops

·
Super Moderator
Name on Ravelry: JessicaJean, no hyphen, no space.
87,392 Posts
Judy M said:
http://www.allfreecrochetafghanpatterns.com/Lace/Lacy-Turquoise-Fan-Throw#DfvKEHPlMV0Dpqv5.99
Red Heart website is down at this time. http://www.redheart.com/free-patterns/aqueous-throw

I have finished Row 1 with the 42 dc, 20 picots and 40 ch-2 spaces. Even with the correction, I'm confused as to where to put the sc. Does the first sc after the ch-6 go into the ch-2 space in the picot? Does the next sc go into the ch space between that picot and the 2 dc? or skip that space and go into ch-2 space after the 2 dc? Thanks

THROW
Ch 144.
Row 1 (right side): Working in back bars, dc in 4th ch from hook (beginning ch count as first dc), *ch 2, skip next 2 ch, picot in next ch, ch2, skip next 2 ch, dc in next 2 ch; repeat from *across-42 dc, 20 picots, and 40 ch-2 spaces.

Row 2: Ch 1, turn, sc between first 2 dc, ch 6, skip first ch-2 space, ch 1, sc in next ch-2space, *ch 6, sc in next ch-2 space, ch 1, sc in next ch-2 space; repeat from * across to last ch-2 space, skip last ch-2 space, ch 6, sc between last dc and beginning ch-40 sc, 20 ch-6 spaces, and 19 ch-1 spaces.

Correction:
Row 2 should read Ch6, skip first ch2 space, sc in next space, ch1, sc in next ch ch2 space. The rest of the instructions are correct. In other words, the ch 6 loop is over the picots, and the ch1 loop is over the 2 dc's. This will give you 20 ch6 loops, and 19 ch1 loops
Without actually working it up with hook and yarn, I believe the bolded bits above should line up when crocheting. i.e. the single crochet in next space = make a single crochet where you had made a chain 1 in the previous row.

ETA: You'll need to click on 'see quote' in order to see the parts of your post that i bolded.

·
Registered
15,145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Jessica-Jean said:
Without actually working it up with hook and yarn, I believe the bolded bits above should line up when crocheting. i.e. the single crochet in next space = make a single crochet where you had made a chain 1 in the previous row.

ETA: You'll need to click on 'see quote' in order to see the parts of your post that i bolded.
Bold didn't work for me, try capital letters. Thank you.

·
Super Moderator
87,392 Posts
Judy M said:
Bold didn't work for me, try capital letters. Thank you.
Row 2: Ch 1, turn, sc between first 2 dc, ch 6, skip first ch-2 space, CHAIN 1, sc in next ch-2space, *ch 6, sc in next ch-2 space, CHAIN 1, sc in next ch-2 space; repeat from * across to last ch-2 space, skip last ch-2 space, ch 6, sc between last dc and beginning ch-40 sc, 20 ch-6 spaces, and 19 ch-1 spaces.

Correction:
Row 2 should read Ch6, skip first ch2 space, SC IN NEXT SPACE, ch1, sc in next ch ch2 space. The rest of the instructions are correct. In other words, the ch 6 loop is over the picots, and the ch1 loop is over the 2 dc's. This will give you 20 ch6 loops, and 19 ch1 loops.

Sorry, I was sleepy/lazy last night and didn't do that. How's this?

·
Super Moderator
87,392 Posts

·
Registered
15,145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Jessica-Jean said:
Now that RedHeart's site is up and running, I found a corrected pdf of the pattern: http://www.redheart.com/files/patterns/pdf/LW4120_corr.pdf
Hopefully, that helps even more.
Thank you.

Another question: Working in back bars -- Does that mean I will only have that bar on my hook when I pull up the yarn? Or should it include of of the V-legs? With the fan stitch edging it's hard to tell.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom