Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
  • Wondering how to use different site features? Please visit our FAQ. Still have questions? Post to our Community Help section for a speedy response.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
I am a very creative person when it comes to crochet I want to learn to use the needles with fun
The first time I taught myself to knit I was knitting with my left hand too :) I was not taking work out of hand and changing to my other hand I felt so foolish but learned to love knitting this way it's faster for me and I really like it

If there is something I can help with crochet just let me know I am now going on 63 and have been crochet since 6 and I am a free spirit with my designs and stitches

Have a Awesome day and many blessing

·
Registered
78 Posts
Hi Maurinea,

Perhaps you would be the person, I am looking for, for a pattern that is crocheted or knitted that goes over a ball cap has a slit for the brim of the cap to go through, and covers the ears and back of the neck. I have seen them in fleece, but I am sure they can be made with yarn. The men in my family are hunters and I am looking and hoping someone can help me out with that so I can make some for all my outdoors men. Thanking you in advance for any help you may can give me. Perhaps if you don't have a pattern you will know where I may find one. Again thanks, my email address is as follows: [email protected] Velna

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi there
I will research for you and I do know what your talking about
I have a free form idea that would be to start off using each of their own baseball cap as a pattern start crochet the baseball cap use milk jug plastic to make the brim you would make the brim twice then insert the plastic between the pieces stitch close attach to the cap then crochet ear flaps on to the cap to fit each man you would add the neck piece to the ears crochet a rectangle to fit from ear to ear you can modify to fit their necks
The tie part can be made with crochet cord and attach to each ear muff part, length as needed
There's a very old trick I learned and to use a baby pattern for a baby crochet cap make it then make it to fit your men
I do hope this helps and I will search for a grown-up ski cap
Have a great day and lots of joy :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom