Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
  • Wondering how to use different site features? Please visit our FAQ. Still have questions? Post to our Community Help section for a speedy response.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I noticed in the print out photo from Lady fingers the dolls pj's
have a very thin strap.
I have just started knitting these and it says 8 rows of seed stitch which makes the strap very wide, have i miss read or is it a typo error??? im nearly finished them so i wont be pulling them out, but i do have another set to make and would like to know before i start . see attatched

Attachments

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i sure will, i have already done the dressing gown, but the girls want the pj's in 2 different colours, and i have now run out of the pink for the legs, so i have got as far as the separation of the legs, hopefully i will be able to get the same wool so i can finish this pair off as i dont fancy pulling it all out :(

·
Registered
1,801 Posts
The nice thing about the "sleeveless dress" pattern is that you can make the straps thin by knitting 4 rows before binding off, or you can make them wider by knitting 8 rows, then bind off. It doesn't matter. I personally like to keep the "bulk" to a minimum if I'm planning to add a shrug, sweater or jacket over the garment with straps, so tend to make thinner straps.

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Oh thank you, I thought about reducing the stitches but was Unsure it would be wide enough, theses are really great and thank you so much for all your help, I'm so into knitting them, it takes about 3 hours( depending on husband nagging) lol for the dresses, pj,s take me longer normally over 2 nights, depending on pain in my hand, I have yet more wool which is gorgeous , multi fluffy so looking for a real cute outfit for this ,cannot wait x thank you once again for theses wonderful patterns xx

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom