Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
  • Wondering how to use different site features? Please visit our FAQ. Still have questions? Post to our Community Help section for a speedy response.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9,692 Posts
How much water??? I hope its not too bad, saturated or flooded and glad its not an electronic machine.
Aside from the obvious, wipe dry and lube or worse, drain it out...
Search above for cleaning KMs and you will find sites that show how to break them down for through cleaning. Also other tips about using denatured alcohol and what type of KM oil to apply after its dry, (I like lorilynn's KM oil)
If you need to use a blow dryer, inside the card reader for example, use it on LOW, don't hold it one spot too long (others have superheated their KMs and melted plastic)
Sorry to hear this, and hope you'll be able to dry it out ok.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you for your reply. Using a blow dryer crossed my mind. Your caution about the possibility of the plastic melting is really good information. I just got the machine about a month ago. I love it! I'll research how to open the innards for cleaning.

·
Registered
3,231 Posts
susieknitter said:
This may help you should you need to take the machine apart.
http://knittsings.com/how-to-take-apart-a-brother-punch-card-knitting-machine/
Thanks so much for this link, Sue. I just received the new sponge bar I ordered. I will definitely peruse that site on machine maintenance and found a great tutorial on rebuilding it. If I can follow it, I will have a spare bar.
You guys are awesome,

·
Registered
4,055 Posts
dogyear said:
Thank you for your reply. Using a blow dryer crossed my mind. Your caution about the possibility of the plastic melting is really good information. I just got the machine about a month ago. I love it! I'll research how to open the innards for cleaning.
I notice you are in LA. Why don't you take it or ask someone at Newton's in Anaheim for help. They're not too far from your. 714-634-9116. They have more experience in this sort of problem. If you take it in you might get help sooner.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom