Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
  • Wondering how to use different site features? Please visit our FAQ. Still have questions? Post to our Community Help section for a speedy response.
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took the plunge and decided to tackle knitting from a chart today. :shock:

I'm using The Ashton Shawlette which can be found on Ravelry (free). It comes with the charts AND a tutorial on how to read the chart! :thumbup:

I would absolutely recommend this pattern to anyone who is interested in learning charts.

Attachments

·
Registered
709 Posts
shana151 said:
I took the plunge and decided to tackle knitting from a chart today. :shock:

I'm using The Ashton Shawlette which can be found on Ravelry (free). It comes with the charts AND a tutorial on how to read the chart! :thumbup:

I would absolutely recommend this pattern to anyone who is interested in learning charts.
Well done you! Your shawl is looking beautiful :thumbup: I love working from charts - the symbols are universal, with no errors in translation.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I was pretty nervous at first but right now I'm loving the charts! They're sooo much easier to follow than 100 pages of written directions. :thumbup:

·
Registered
24,577 Posts
Great job thus far! Beautiful color.
Stevieland will be so pleased - she started this lace craze not too long ago. Her designs are gorgeous and her ability to write patterns so clearly and concisely definitely sets her apart from many other designers.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks again everyone! :-D

I'm using Caron Simply Soft because I expected this to be way more frustrating and figured the Caron, as an acrylic, could withstand the frogging, throwing, stomping, and cussing that was going to occur. :oops:

However, this is coming along wonderfully enough that I think I might make a birthday gift out of it!

·
Registered
6,412 Posts
You're off to a good start. Beautiful color! The Ashton was my first attempt at lace and in reading charts. I highly recommend the Ashton for anyone who wants to learn to knit off of charts!

·
Registered
8,968 Posts
shana151 said:
Thanks again everyone! :-D

I'm using Caron Simply Soft because I expected this to be way more frustrating and figured the Caron, as an acrylic, could withstand the frogging, throwing, stomping, and cussing that was going to occur. :oops:

However, this is coming along wonderfully enough that I think I might make a birthday gift out of it!
I used Ashton for an acrylic prayer shawl, killed the yarn in blocking so it would stay that way. It had wonderful drape after that.

·
Registered
381 Posts
I also started reading charts with the Ashton. Dee explains everything very well in her patterns. I think a lot of work goes into them. I have all dee's shawls and wraps patterns and would recommend them to anyone. I only made the ashton a few months ago. I am now making lots of shawls and am making beaded shawls. And it was Dee that started me on them.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom