Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there Im Lesley from the North-East of England. Im 46 and as well as being a mum to 3 grown-ups Im granny to 2 grandsons.
Ive picked up the knitting bug again after a 20 year break. Originally I used to knit through necessity but now I knit for pleasure and am enjoying playing with different techniques and the luxury yarns I couldnt afford when my kids were nippers!

I recently retired early through ill health and find knitting beneficial on many levels with my illness, I'd love to exchange advice/tips or generally have a good moan. At the moment I'm appreciating the buzz of completing a quite complex sock pattern !!

·
Registered
60 Posts
Hello from Northeastern Wisconsin!

You quit for 20 years too? I am finding your posting interesting, Lesley -- as for the unfinished projects and 20 year sabatical AND guess what? We started this site on the same day and are about the same age!

I think I shall choose to be glad I wandered to this site today and joined and not just lurked some more...

Carpe Diem!

·
Registered
6,794 Posts
Hello Lesley and welcome to the site. I'm originally from London, England but have now lived in Canada for 41 years. I'm 62 and have 3 grandchildren with another due in October, so I'll be busy knitting for the remainder of this year!!
Take care and enjoy your knitting.

·
Registered
735 Posts
hi from usa new jersey. all my family were english coming over in 1630 settling in princess anne maryland. if i were brave enough to fly over i would like to meet you. oh well too old to be brave. i just found a com in your country, intoknit.co/uk ,and ordered two books from them. the patterns are great. welcome

·
Registered
581 Posts
Hi Lesley! I too set my knitting aside for a number of years while raising several boys. But I am back at it and actually knitting my First pair of socks! I've knit many complex patterns down the years (I'm in my 60's somewhere >,<) but never even considered a pair of socks! After moving to Florida and thinking knitting was part of my past, I found a bunch of local ladies to share my talents with. Welcome to the site - I'm having fun with it.

·
Registered
581 Posts
Hi Lesley! I too set my knitting aside for a number of years while raising several boys. But I am back at it and actually knitting my First pair of socks! I've knit many complex patterns down the years (I'm in my 60's somewhere >,<) but never even considered a pair of socks! After moving to Florida and thinking knitting was part of my past, I found a bunch of local ladies to share my talents with. Welcome to the site - I'm having fun with it and hope you will too.

·
Registered
581 Posts
Hi Lesley! I too set my knitting aside for a number of years while raising several boys. But I am back at it and actually knitting my First pair of socks! I've knit many complex patterns down the years (I'm in my 60's somewhere >,<) but never even considered a pair of socks! After moving to Florida and thinking knitting was part of my past, I found a bunch of local ladies to share my talents with. Welcome to the site - I'm having fun with it and hope you will too.

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
Welcome Lesley from USA, SoCal. You will find a lot of nice people here lots of info and help abound!

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
Welcome from Rae in NC....USA.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom