Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
  • Wondering how to use different site features? Please visit our FAQ. Still have questions? Post to our Community Help section for a speedy response.
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I should have known better than to crochet when I am upset. I am still working on my Valentine pillows. I am working on the last of 4 sides, and now I have to start all over. I know that this is not a big set back. I was trying to hurry and didn't pay attention to my needs. I should have let the crochet set for a day. I got to row 42 out of 46 rows and noticed that it was not even close to the shape that it needed to be. I was so intent with getting this done that I counted all of my stitches and it was perfect. I have no idea where my mind was, but I am going to cut the yarn and my losses, and start again. Tired and upset does not equal good quality work from me.

Tomorrow is another day! :)

·
Registered
13 Posts
I have to start many projects over because of eye hand coordination issues and adhd i get distracted way too easily i must say its very frustrating sometimes i'm able to go back a bit but sometimes i don't have the patience i took a project almost finished and gave it to my daughter to play with she was happy so made my day and no wasted yarn since its geting used

·
Registered
97 Posts
I'm the same me being tired or run down does not mix well with my crochet projects. Sometimes I have to leave it a day or 2 sometimes its a whole week. But at least you now know and you are not alone in feeling like this :) big hugs chin up and good luck with your next attempt :)

·
Registered
873 Posts
I was doing a silk thread embroidery for a priest's vestment. I was very tired after preparing beds, house and food for 20 people for a special family celebration. The night before, whilst waiting for my daughter and son-in-law to arrive, I tried to keep myself awake with a cup of black coffee and stitching at my embroidery. I dozed off with coffee in one hand and embroidery in the other!!!!!!!
Luckily cold water got most of the coffee out and it doesn't show on the embroidery, but my husband told me I was irresponsible for doing what I had done. I was in tears when my daughter arrived!!!!! The priest is wearing the vestment, and thank God the coffee doesn't show!!!

Attachments

·
Registered
18,328 Posts
Julie, I hope that whatever made you upset has either gone away or you are coming to terms with it. Please cheer up girl, nil carborundum - don't let the b.....s grind you down.
Now, start again...and enjoy like you usually do.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I have learned that lesson as well because I turn to knitting to calm down and relax. What I do now is when I am really upset or tired I pick up some scrap yarn or an easy project and leave the complicated projects until I am in a better mood. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
2,708 Posts
Beautiful work!

While I do crafting while I relax, not all projects are relaxing. And I am not one who can knit/crochet for hours at a time. And if I have a deadline, it is definitely not relaxing.

Irresponsible? Heck, it was an accident. Not like you were driving a car and feel asleep. Frankly, I am glad you were not burned by the coffee.

·
Registered
275 Posts
That vestment is absolutely beautiful and you should be praised for your embroidery and the fact that you were able to make it wearable. Where was you husband when you were doing all the preparations on your own. The mistake is unavoidable when you are as tired as you must have been.

Schipperke said:
I was doing a silk thread embroidery for a priest's vestment. I was very tired after preparing beds, house and food for 20 people for a special family celebration. The night before, whilst waiting for my daughter and son-in-law to arrive, I tried to keep myself awake with a cup of black coffee and stitching at my embroidery. I dozed off with coffee in one hand and embroidery in the other!!!!!!!
Luckily cold water got most of the coffee out and it doesn't show on the embroidery, but my husband told me I was irresponsible for doing what I had done. I was in tears when my daughter arrived!!!!! The priest is wearing the vestment, and thank God the coffee doesn't show!!!

·
Registered
8,963 Posts
Schipperke said:
What a lovely Marian theme on the priest's vestment. I know he appreciates the time, talent and effort you've placed in it. God was guiding your hand.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Yes Scarlet it is...you'll do it perfect this time...I had to restart a sweater 3 times...first time it was way too big...seconf I was 3 stitches off on my cable and twists pattern...fixed that which the mistake was about 20 stitches into the pattern which is one that goes all the around the body in one piece..raglan sleeves...THEN got to the end of the redone row to see thata I was off 3 stitches again...had to frog again!!! Was afraid i was going to wear the yarn out! Then went away from all noise cause this is a tedious pattern that you have to count and watch the directions all the time...FINALLY got it right and now after a few more rows it's easier to follow...you can see what you need to do almost...It was be fun now but I was so frustrated with myself i could have screamed!!! Good luck on your do over...

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
wow beautiful work hubbies say things when they see we are upset i think it is a man thing sorry men lol i am sure he is sorry he said that and when that happens it is a whoops what did i just do thing keep on with your work it is georgeous wish i could do that

·
Registered
401 Posts
Boo on husband. Hasn't he ever made a mistake? How many spouses can produce something that gorgeous on top of everything else you do? Lucky he didn't get the coffee cup around the neck.

Schipperke said:

·
Registered
873 Posts
ukraftykid said:
That vestment is absolutely beautiful and you should be praised for your embroidery and the fact that you were able to make it wearable. Where was you husband when you were doing all the preparations on your own. The mistake is unavoidable when you are as tired as you must have been.

Schipperke said:
My husband, bless him, did very little. He has no idea as to what clean and tidy is, can't organise beds and bedding and certainly can't come up with a very varied lunch buffet for 20 rangeing from 3years up to 89 years and everything in between!!!! It was very succesful though. I've got another do to arrange this May to celebrate my father's 90th!!!! I don't think I'll be doing any embroidery the night before again!!! :oops:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom