Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

· Registered
41,373 Posts
What is it you are afraid of? If you are afraid physically, do not announce you are leaving and just do it. There are people and places that will help you. If you are afraid of being on you own and alone, realize that depending on someone else for your happiness is never a healthy situation. You are responsible for you. Remember also that you are not going to change someone else - all you can do is change how you respond. If you know it is for the best, you have already given it some thought, so you really already know what to do, now sit down and make a list of how you are going to do it and then stick with the program.

· Registered
10,942 Posts
If you don't have this relationship, there will be a vacuum in its place that tries to suck the relationship back to fill the gap.

I would get something to fill that gap and have it ready when you drop the relationship, so you won't have such a strong emptiness.

Good luck and all the best.

· Registered
19 Posts
Having been married to a complete nutter for 11 years, and not knowing he grew up in a home for mentally disturbed children, i know how you feel and i empathise with you, but you must leave if you are in danger, i stayed because of the kids but a HUGE mistake they just got old enough to witness everything, PLEASE i URGE you to go and get HELP it is out there, DO IT NOW before it's to late
I waited and made the choice the best one ever. Now iam very happily married to a lovely bloke. Very Best Of Luck
Atomic. And god keep you safe

· Registered
1,285 Posts
I draw your attention to my signature.."Accept what is." is dealing with reality,,not denying. but staying in the present and seeing it clearly."everything changes" means that they do not have to stay the way that they are..and when things are not as you wish..do not keep trying to change things by doing what did not work in the past..do something different. "having no expectations" is a path to freedom..in that without expectations..anything can happen..and you can see more of "what is" without the veil of your expectations hindering you. and its true..you cannot change others..only yourself..your reactions..your choices..and therefore your path.

· Registered
1,285 Posts
ok..one more thing.."do not take anything personally"..most of the time..people act out of their woundedness..it has not much to do with those around them..and by not taking it personally you are freed up to see clearly what is going on and react calmly..think calmly ...and refuse to get sucked into someone else's "mind rut" and drama. sometimes, just reacting calmly changes everything..and "everything changes"....

· Registered
12,310 Posts
First, you give no detail, so we do not know what you are scared of. Second, if your fear is because of physical or mental abuse--run, don't walk to the nearest shelter! I lived with an abuser for years, both physical and mental--when he started hitting the children, I got a backbone and filed for divorce. I left with a gun pointed at his head--I was MAD. And tired of his bull.
Third, if it is because you don't want to be alone, honey, being alone is good sometimes for a while and until the right person enters your life. Learn who you are, what you want in a partner, and don't settle for less.
Never look to anyone to make you happy--you be happy for you. Never depend on someone else's backbone to keep you standing tall, you keep you standing tall.
Whatever the reason for your leaving, do it quickly and cleanly, and don't look back!

· Registered
1,196 Posts
Some relationships are toxic. Any change in life can be frightening.
Do not let anyone abuse you,physically, or emotionally.please don't be afraid to seek help if you need it, wether,with counciling, leagally, or spiritually , there are people who can help you thru.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom