Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As a rule, before starting a sock heel, I put in a lifeline and my heel goes along fine. Sometimes" smartypants" me will start the heel without the lifeline, then i tend to make a mistake. Why do you suppose that happens?

·
Registered
437 Posts
I did just that same thing yesterday with TAAT socks, messed up so badly, had to frog both socks and start over----will I never learn????!!!!

·
Registered
23,309 Posts
KnitnNat said:
As a rule, before starting a sock heel, I put in a lifeline and my heel goes along fine. Sometimes" smartypants" me will start the heel without the lifeline, then i tend to make a mistake. Why do you suppose that happens?
I stopped using a lifeline after the first few Fish Lips Kiss Heels that I did... Yes, I still sometimes make mistakes, and have sometimes had to tink back several rows on the heel (I find it impossible to frog a couple of rows on heels), but mostly they go pretty smoothly. Over confidence, and not paying enough attention to what I am doing (like being a little too involved in conversation, or TV program while working my heels) is usually the culprit. After working about 100 FLKHeels, I sometimes think I can do it in my sleep...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom