Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
  • Wondering how to use different site features? Please visit our FAQ. Still have questions? Post to our Community Help section for a speedy response.
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, 7 months of my life passed in the creation of this piece.

It is made up of 27 skeins of Linen yarn DK Weight
(Soft grey thatch color)

7mm Circ. needles

Approx. 5.5 feet wide by 6.5 feet long.

The lighting is off a bit in the first two pictures. But the actual colors are soft grey thatch with off white. Taking a picture of the entire shawl was slightly difficult as I had to hang it from a window. Fun fun.

It is a going away gift for a good friend who is missed dearly by the community already. Still trying to locate a good shawl pin done in Sterling Silver. Perhaps something with a cherry blossom on it.

When I decided to write a pattern for a new shawl it was an interesting experience. If it wasn't for the fact that I love working in linnen, things may have turned out differently.

As everyone knows modeling a shawl is quite the task, however, The shawl turned out wonderful. I'm glad it is done.

Anyhow. Let me know what ya'll think. This is the first shawl I've made out of linnen. ( My sister keeps trying to steal it.) Hope you guys like it. Opted not to put tassles on it at the last moment. :)

Attachments

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
:) Such a relief to have it done. Listened to memoirs of a Geisha the entire time. Completely wore out that dvd. LOL

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
doogie said:
:) Such a relief to have it done. Listened to memoirs of a Geisha the entire time. Completely wore out that dvd. LOL
Oh my goodness...LOL Well, you did a great job ... really am impressed with the stitch pattern. I'd be frogging more than knitting this one.

·
Registered
43,279 Posts
Beautiful shwl. Well done

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom