Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
LINK AT TOP OF FORUM. WHAT DOES "MY PAGES" MEAN. WHAT CAN YOU DO IN IT? HAS ANYONE TRIED IT YET? SURE WOULD LIKE TO TRY IT BUT I'M THE SPOOKY KIND. ALWAYS NOT SURE IF I SHOULD. WOULD LIKE SOME FEED BACK IF POSSIBLE!!!!!! CABIN

·
Registered
463 Posts
yes, please use the my pages, just click on it and you create a name for a folder, so when you find links here on the site you can copy and paste them to the page, easy and free to do

when you find a link on the site here just highlight it (control c) to copy it and then go to the page under my pages, open it up and hit control v (to paste it) and save it

this is from my pages that I have created and others can see them from my profile page, at the bottom

http://www.knittingparadise.com/user_page_listing.jsp?usernum=1790

·
Registered
7,116 Posts
((((((( Perhaps admin will answer, but I went into it for a look see as I'm not spooky but we have a pony named Spooky! LOL!!

Then I did this:

I created a page with test in the title and text, saved it and viewed it. It now has an EDIT feature.

Applications on my end:

Reference a good post off this forum (copy and paste) or applicable info outside of bookmarking.

'Do list' as it applies to what I want to do on forum in the
future rather than make paper notes here on this end.

'Dear Diary'? LOL!
~~~~
I'm hoping admin will reply and we might also look through the help link above. I was there once but forget what's there.

Donna Rae )))))))))))))

cabin said:
LINK AT TOP OF FORUM. WHAT DOES "MY PAGES" MEAN. WHAT CAN YOU DO IN IT? HAS ANYONE TRIED IT YET? SURE WOULD LIKE TO TRY IT BUT I'M THE SPOOKY KIND. ALWAYS NOT SURE IF I SHOULD. WOULD LIKE SOME FEED BACK IF POSSIBLE!!!!!! CABIN

·
Registered
463 Posts
I sent you a private message, look at top of this page

cabin said:

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Craftybear said:
yes, please use the my pages, just click on it and you create a name for a folder, so when you find links here on the site you can copy and paste them to the page, easy and free to do

when you find a link on the site here just highlight it (control c) to copy it and then go to the page under my pages, open it up and hit control v (to paste it) and save it

this is from my pages that I have created and others can see them from my profile page, at the bottom

http://www.knittingparadise.com/user_page_listing.jsp?usernum=1790

[/quote=cabin] Thanks Craftybear! Sorry it took me a little bit to answer you. But, I wrote down what you were saying so I (HOPEFULLY) won't have to ask again. I'll give it a try! IF I do have trouble can I ask you though? Thanks again!

:oops: :lol:

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
e.ridenh said:
((((((( Perhaps admin will answer, but I went into it for a look see as I'm not spooky but we have a pony named Spooky! LOL!!

Then I did this:

I created a page with test in the title and text, saved it and viewed it. It now has an EDIT feature.

Applications on my end:

Reference a good post off this forum (copy and paste) or applicable info outside of bookmarking.

'Do list' as it applies to what I want to do on forum in the
future rather than make paper notes here on this end.

'Dear Diary'? LOL!
~~~~
I'm hoping admin will reply and we might also look through the help link above. I was there once but forget what's there.

Donna Rae )))))))))))))

cabin said:
Hey again Donna Rae from Donna Kay (cabin). I thank you also!
I'm so new about moving around on the forum and knowing what some of the Lingo means on the forum. That's why I'm spooky about it. LOL
I am learning a little as I go but it will take me a little slower then some. That's why I have got to still write it down until I do it for a spell.
(Well, two reasons for sure).
1. Just say it's not remembering things anymore.
2. C.R.S. LOL
I'll try it your way also! Plus all the help I can get. It's called hands on training.
I love Horse's & Phony's and the name Spooky too! cabin

·
Registered
7,116 Posts
(((((((( Ah, Donna Kay...... I know what CRS means! LOL!! Yes, our spooky is just like her mom........unless we have a horse cookie in hand or pocket, they shy away!! Beautiful pony, too but totally not friendly though handled a lot.

Take your time getting your bearings straight. Remember, due north is at 0* (degrees) or 12 o'clock high, cover your backside, etc. When in doubt, hail admin.

You could even send private messages via forum. See our user ID to the left side? It's a hot link - click on it - get inside and 'send a PM (private message)'; A hot link, too. Click on it, FILL IN THE SUBJECT LINE, write to me and we can have a tete-tete! LOL!!

Donna Rae ))))))))

[[/quote] Hey again Donna Rae from Donna Kay (cabin). I thank you also!
I'm so new about moving around on the forum and knowing what some of the Lingo means on the forum. That's why I'm spooky about it. LOL
I am learning a little as I go but it will take me a little slower then some. That's why I have got to still write it down until I do it for a spell.
(Well, two reasons for sure).
1. Just say it's not remembering things anymore.
2. C.R.S. LOL
I'll try it your way also! Plus all the help I can get. It's called hands on training.
I love Horse's & Phony's and the name Spooky too! cabin[/quote]

·
Registered
124 Posts
I hadn't noticed the My Pages at the top of the page yet. Now that I know it's there I'll probably use it, but I'm a little confused.
What does it do that My Bookmarks doesn't do, or vice versa?
I've been saving everything by bookmarking it.

·
Registered
7,116 Posts
((((((((((( ((((((((((9 Well, I just used it (bookmark) and it's an easy way to save a post - I wouldn't do it unless the thread had some replies on it that were tintillating!! I'm going to check bookmark now and compare.......

My pages you can put your own personal info in there where you can't in bookmark. I think! LOL!!

Donna Rae )))))))))

cabin said:

·
Registered
2,411 Posts
Thanks Craftybear. I tried it and it worked, so I will be taking advantage of it. I know others have requested you quote message you are replying to; however I haven't figured that out nor am I sure I want to, it seems to take up so much space. But if you care to share that instruction also, thanks in advance.

·
Registered
124 Posts
cspaen34 said:
Thanks Craftybear. I tried it and it worked, so I will be taking advantage of it. I know others have requested you quote message you are replying to; however I haven't figured that out nor am I sure I want to, it seems to take up so much space. But if you care to share that instruction also, thanks in advance.
I'm not Craftybear (I don't have enough energy to be her :D ) but I can tell you how to quote an earlier response.
Look at the bottom of each message.
There are "reply" and "quote reply" buttons.
If you just want to post an answer to everyone you can click on "reply".
But if you want to quote a specific previous message then click on "quote reply".
A new window will open with the message you're answering already in it. (See your message above this in this window, kind of darkened?)
You can highlight and delete whatever part of it you don't need, and then type your answer in the blank space underneath.
I hope that's clear.

·
Registered
212 Posts
e.ridenh said:

Awww..... what kind of pony? I started a topic about horses/livestock if you'd like to comment over there instead of in this thread. :) There's a couple pictures of my horse, Gracie, there as well. Lucky for me she's as non-spooky as they can get.

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
thanking all of you for the questions and answers...cabin's questions were also mine! all the info on this is really helpful to me and the explanation about reply and quote reply was also a question answered for me !!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom