Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I like FUNKY, and this fits into my funky state of mind! :)

Easy pattern, but the difficulty for me was working with #6 nine inch circular needles. My arthritic hands didn't like them! :)

There will be 18 rings - these are the first six, worsted weight.

Each ring measures 4" in diameter.

Attachments

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm going to do this in metallic yarn next! I just love it!

Here is the pattern. Let me know what you do with it!! :)

Worsted weight yarn.

9" circular needles, #6 size.

Cast on 56 stitches. Join to begin working in the round, being careful not to twist.

K2, P2 for 3 rounds.

Next round: Knit 2 together, knit 2 together, purl 2 together, purl 2 together - 28 stitches remain

Next round: K2, P2 around

Bind Off in pattern, using knit 2, purl 2.

Enjoy!

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yes, you're right. It took a couple of rings to get used to handling the short circular needle. However, I have an aversion to double pointed needles so it was a matter of which was worse or better, depending on how you look at it.

I don't see why it couldn't be done on double pointed needles.

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yes, you complete the first ring. Then, after casting on your stitches for the next ring, you pass the needle through the previous ring. Then you begin the next row of your current ring, joining. The previous ring will hang on your circular needle as you work your second ring.

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I know - it's hard to picture, but when you do it, it will make perfect sense to you.

I'm on the 9th of 18 rings now, and the longer it gets, the prettier it is.

I did this in inexpensive Red Heart Super Saver yarn just to see how it would look. I will do another one in one color, prettier yarn.

·
Registered
494 Posts
Oh Claire, this is soooo cool and funky. I must try this and I think the metallic yarn would be a reallly awesome choice. Actually I can see it many different types of yarn. Thank you for sharing this and the pattern info for it. This rocks and you rock!!!
Carol L.

·
Registered
2,668 Posts
I can't wait to get started. Maybe I'll do it with 2 strands of lighter yarn which I have already and see how it goes. Today is Sunday. My sister is coming to visit---Maybe I can have one ready to give her.

Thank you for this. Carolyn

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
At almost 71, I'm the essence of funky. I love sequins, fringes and ruffles! I'm 4'10" and small, and I can get away with a lot! LOL

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
carolyn tolo said:
Hi Claire,

My sister is 4' 9". I tell her she is normal height. The rest of us take up too much room.

Thanks again. Carolyn
Lol! Love it! I just told myhusband he takes up too much room!!

1 - 20 of 62 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom