Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
I've used it for a couple of hats and cowls and I love it! It is very very soft, and it knits up so quickly. Not too heavy either :).

·
Registered
196 Posts
I USED HOMESPUN (TUDOR) TO KNIT MY GRANDDAUGHTER A SWEATER BECAUSE IT WAS SO SOFT. IT LOOKED VERY NICE DONE BUT THE FIRST TIME SHE WORE IT IT STARTED TO COME APART WHERE THE ENDS WERE WOVEN IN. THE ENDS OF THE YARN FRAYS APART SO YOU NEED TO KNOW HOW TO WEAVE YOUR ENDS IN GOOD. THE SCARF I KNIT HER OUT OF THE SAME I SINGHED THE ENDS AND THEN WOVE THEM IN. BEST OF LUCK TO YOU. MY DAUGHTER MAKES BABY BLANKETS OUT OF THE SAME KIND AND HAS HAD NO TROUBLES, SHE LOVES IT.

·
Registered
390 Posts
I just made a hat with Hometown...wasn't sure I'd like the look of the stitch in such a BULKY yarn but it came out pretty nice...I'd use it again. That said, it can be a little tricky as the strands tended to separate a little at times...not enough to stop using it.
Good luck,
Julie

·
Registered
494 Posts
I have never had a problem knitting with the Homespun yarn and I really like it and have used it to knit several different items. The colors it comes in are very pretty and the yarn is so very soft and warm. I have found that I do not like to crochet with it though.
Carol L.

·
Registered
222 Posts
janie2915 said:
Has anyone used this yarn? What are your thoughts
about it? I'm thinking of knitting a throw. thanks! Sorry..
yarn is Lion Brand Hometown USA.
I used LB Hometown to make garter stitch fingerless gloves for a 'quick' gift. Soft and worked up very easily. It would make a nice throw. Snuggly

·
Registered
44 Posts
Hi, I crocheted 23 hats, like the beanies for my daughters jazz band and for my two daughters last spring with the Hometown USA. It works up beautifully . My one daughter wears hers almost everyday. It was almost a year ago and it still looks great. I started using it for a afghan and I think it's too bulky, but that's me, my daughter thinks it's great. She wanted something that was soft, which it is. I like it for certain projects and yes you have to make sure your ends are woven in properly. I just made sure they were looped thru multiple stitches before I cut the ends. Once I got it down you couldn't find the end, I know I tried once to change something, don't remember what, but couldn't find the end. Knew I 'd finally achieved my goal. Jan
janie2915 said:
Has anyone used this yarn? What are your thoughts
about it? I'm thinking of knitting a throw. thanks! Sorry..
yarn is Lion Brand Hometown USA.

·
Registered
926 Posts
NO, but my new fav. bulky yarn is Lion Brand Tweed Stripes. #5 Bulky.
I bought the carribean & am crocheting a square top hat.
The colors appear gradually in about 4 inch increments .
I don't like Homespun as it does fray & is hard to see the stitch.
This stuff is wonderful..so soft
My Walmart still sells it & I am going back for more.

·
Registered
655 Posts
Homespun: I find it nice and soft, pretty solid colors and variegated. However, I found that it wears differently. My scarf looks like it has angora or simillar yarn in it now. Still nice. Some people would not suggest it as a yarn for beginning knitters as it is sometimes difficult to see/count your stitches in the fabric.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Susan Miller said:
Homespun: I find it nice and soft, pretty solid colors and variegated. However, I found that it wears differently. My scarf looks like it has angora or simillar yarn in it now. Still nice. Some people would not suggest it as a yarn for beginning knitters as it is sometimes difficult to see/count your stitches in the fabric.
That is a different yarn from the one being discussed.
I am attaching the Hometown USA image. It has much clearer stitch definition, is bulkier, and is not a boucle yarn.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom