Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought 2 skeins of this yarn to try to make a 12 x 12 pillow with. I can't find a pattern. I had started it using the chenille yarn that lion brand used to MAKE but didn't have enough. I thought I could substitute this in, but colors and texture aren't same. I can also take apart what I did with the chenille and kind of make the pillow cover with both. Any ideas?

·
Registered
7,116 Posts
((((((((( See notes below in ))))))
HARLEYLADY said:
I bought 2 skeins of this yarn to try to make a 12 x 12 pillow with. I can't find a pattern. I had started it using the chenille yarn that lion brand used to MAKE but didn't have enough. I thought I could substitute this in, but colors and texture aren't same. I can also take apart what I did with the chenille and kind of make the pillow cover with both. Any ideas?
((((((( Are you knitting or crocheting?? It's too bad we can't see the yarn and textures, eh? LOL!!

When I cover pillows - knitted or crocheted, I double the square and make a rectangle (eliminating seaming one side) to go around it all then seam the two sides and leave the third side where I make three or so TIES to close it. This allows me to launder it and not rip back any knitting or crocheting.

As far as a pattern goes, it's easy in crocheting - just chain the width of the pillow x 2 + 1 chain to turn, do a base row of SC starting in the second chain from the hook.

Then I threw in texture stitches at will, varied the next three rows then went back to the textured side for more of it. A four row pattern, IOW. Or, you can make items reversible by working texture stitches on both sides (row work). Not for a pillow cover, though as it will have but one side showing.

Hail me privately for my pattern if you'd lke.

I see no reason why this concept wouldn't work with knitting, too.

Donna Rae
Brandon, Iowa

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for your response Donna. Your idea is quite nice, but alas, I'm quite the novice and can handle only the most basic knitting patterns (no crochet, for me, yet) lol. The yarn says it's a super bulky and it's not much different than a chenille. I think I have enough. I've looked at some other types of patterns for that yarn and it does seem doable. If not - back to the store!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom