Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
  • Wondering how to use different site features? Please visit our FAQ. Still have questions? Post to our Community Help section for a speedy response.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This past weekend we were visiting our son in New York City, and as a birthday treat, my DH agreed to accompany me to the LB yarn studio. I had checked it out online last year and felt I just HAD to experience this knitting hub where special yarns are available ... well, you know! So we went to the website, checked the address, looked at the map, hopped onto the subway and after a short walk, there we were in front of the closed shop! They do not open on Saturdays, a fact not displayed on the "plan your visit" page of their site!!! Luckily, we found the experience funny at the time... But really!! Now I wonder whether I'll ever get there on a weekday or Sunday...

The happy ending to this tale is that we came upon a farmers' market in Union Square on our way back uptown where we picked up delicious New York cheese, a baguette, and some gorgeous merino yarn from New York
sheep. Soon I'll have a new hat on my needles!

I do love to travel : )

So, if you plan to visit the YB studio, plan carefully-- and if you go downtown on a Saturday, you may go home with some super local products!! :) :-D :-D

·
Registered
2 Posts
vermontmary said:
"So we went to the website, checked the address, looked at the map, hopped onto the subway and after a short walk, there we were in front of the closed shop! They do not open on Saturdays, a fact not displayed on the "plan your visit" page of their site!!! "
What a shame that you missed seeing it. The Lion Brand Store is AMAZING. However, there hours are QUITE clearly displayed under the plan your visit section of the website. In fact "Hours" is the very first thing on the pull down menu:
http://www.lionbrandyarnstudio.com/index.php/visit/hours/

·
Registered
103 Posts
When I visited my aunt in NY, I went on the subway to shop on a Saturday. Guess what! Most shops were closed and I ended up back on the subway.
She lived on the island and it was quite an experience for a 19 year old from the South! I grew up a little that day. That was almost 60 years ago. There really is no place like NY city.

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
robertajohnston said:
vermontmary said:
"So we went to the website, checked the address, looked at the map, hopped onto the subway and after a short walk, there we were in front of the closed shop! They do not open on Saturdays, a fact not displayed on the "plan your visit" page of their site!!! "
What a shame that you missed seeing it. The Lion Brand Store is AMAZING. However, there hours are QUITE clearly displayed under the plan your visit section of the website. In fact "Hours" is the very first thing on the pull down menu:
http://www.lionbrandyarnstudio.com/index.php/visit/hours/
Wow! That is so totally not the page that came up on my iPad under "plan your visit"! Oh, well. If I had known, I wouldn't have been in Union Square for the farmers' market, which was great—I recommend that as a destination NY visitors— and of course it's only a phenomenon of weekends—clearly a longer visit is in order!

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well, since you ask, I'll tell you! Of course it had nothing to do with the medium I used–that was just my verbosity– What I did was a google search on "Lion Brand Yarn Studio" and the first hit happened to be www.lionbrandyarnstudio.com/ with six links, the third of which is "Planning Your Visit." If you click on that, you get this url: http://www.lionbrandyarnstudio.com/index.php/visit/
There is a link on there near the bottom of the page about the hours, but I didn't see it, and wouldn't have thought to click it if I had, as all I was trying to do was find its address. I was disappointed that the store was closed– and would have appreciated having the hours posted more prominently on the "planning" page. I imagine I'm not the first customer to be surprised this way. But no worries– we had a good laugh and found the farmers' market, and another time we'll get to the Lion mothership.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom