Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
  • Wondering how to use different site features? Please visit our FAQ. Still have questions? Post to our Community Help section for a speedy response.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
13,563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OMG just went to Carlstadt to the Lion Brand Yarn outlet store Sunday. I loved to see all the different types of yarn (1/2 price) in boxes (with corresponding pattern pamphlet @ $.75). It was so easy to shop. There were other things on sale too, kids clear boots to show off your crazy socks, tshirts, kits and looms. They had computers set up to the Lion website to look for different patterns & such. A room to relax and do some knitting/crocheting. Best of all were the displays...a bicycle all covered in yarn worked items, an extremely large stuffed lion wearing a sweater, hat, etc. Even my husband, who usually gets bored at yarn shops, was having a wonderful time. Now, he wants to go to the store (not outlet) in NYC ! ! I'll let him take me :)

·
Registered
13,563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I bought everything but yarn. A t-shirt of "American Gothic painting" but with lions and crochet hook instead of pitchfork, and the woman has knitting needles. A tote bag, magazine, stitch markers, needle gauge, yarn needles, etc. I am going through my large stash of yarn now, organizing, and seeing what I can buy to supplement it. Then I'm shopping for real.

·
Registered
2,739 Posts
Congratulations on the DH asking/offering to take you to the regular retail store. I can't even get mine to walk past JoAnn's. Sounds like it was a fun trip.

·
Registered
10,521 Posts
Do they have a website??????? Indiana is quite aways from NJ. That is probably why all of us in the midwest have to order stuff on the internet. And yes, I agree with missvix61, I am so jealous!!! But hey, that is great you had a good time and so did your husband. Can't beat that for entertainment.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom