Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
  • Wondering how to use different site features? Please visit our FAQ. Still have questions? Post to our Community Help section for a speedy response.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
671 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's a challenge. I need pattern (s) for Liturgical Lace, either knitted, crocheted, or tatted. It would be for an alter cloth and can either be the whole cloth or just an edging. Thank you.

·
Registered
671 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, but unfortunately it appears it is for machine embroidery. I need the old fashion do it yourself variety. But it is absolutely beautiful work! Maybe some day I'll be able to afford a machine.

Thanks so much for the idea.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Irish Lori said:
Here's a challenge. I need pattern (s) for Liturgical Lace, either knitted, crocheted, or tatted. It would be for an alter cloth and can either be the whole cloth or just an edging. Thank you.
I like Lacis in Berkeley, for everything you want to know about lace. They have all different kinds of lace (knitted, tatted, bobbin, ribbons, etc.), and information about it (including a lot of books and a museum).

www.lacis.com

Your subject is kind of specialized. I'm not sure what you consider liturgical. Maybe you should look into German or Dutch doily patterns. They make some intricate looking stuff. You could use designs based on nature, perhaps.

·
Registered
671 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks everyone for all your good suggestions. I have one of Lacis's books, I would love to be able to go through their museum the next time I am in the Bay area. My favorite place in all of California. I'll check out the others as well.

I don't really know exactly what I am looking for, its one of those cases that I will know it when I see it..

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi, I hope you have found the pattern you were after by now, but if you haven't I think this is your answer. rhodeislandalters.org/category/crochet-patterns/ Scroll right down. Hope this helps. Regards Jo (Australia)

·
Registered
105 Posts
Try the Knitted Lace Patterns of Christine Duchrow, Vol III page51. It's in German and the photo isn't as clear as you'd like, but it looks like it could be figured out from the photo by a lace knitter. Book is from Lacis.

Cassiej

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have many books and patterns for handmade lace, many of them being for church use. These include net lace, crochet, and needle lace. I'm not sure what you are looking for exactly.
This lady in Florida offers a homestudy course in net lace, and has many church patterns.
www.FiletLace.Net
I also got some books from Amazon on church lace making.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom