Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
  • Wondering how to use different site features? Please visit our FAQ. Still have questions? Post to our Community Help section for a speedy response.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have recently moved to a little town in Wisconsin called Wonewoc. Its probably roughly about 60-70 some miles from Madison. There are not many craft stores in the area that I know of. I was wondering if anyone knows of any place in this area that would sell any craft related things. There is a Ben Franklins in Hillsboro, but they dont have a whole lot of yarn and what they have is not very cheap.
I appreciate the help. Thank You!

·
Registered
135 Posts
Hi there Penny...I live by prairie du chien and have run into the same problem. No matter where you want to go you have to drive an hour to get to any decent stores. So I make the best of it when I do. I also have others watching out for yarns they like and have them buy them for me. Of course i pay them back. You can use a debit card online just like a credit card. Not sure if you knew that or not.

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
HI Penny,

I am fortunate to live in a city in Nebraska but one of my favorite things to do when we are traveling to a new place for whatever reason, especially small towns in the Midwest, I will google "yarn stores in ... (name of city) or I put in "craft stores in..., the other place to check in small towns is thrift stores, so many times when older women have to leave their homes, the families just give all their crafts, sewing and knitting to the local charity, good will, salvation army thrift shop. i can afford yarn but i do find some great deals! karenknit

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom