Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
  • Wondering how to use different site features? Please visit our FAQ. Still have questions? Post to our Community Help section for a speedy response.
1 - 20 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We go into lockdown for a month from tonight, so I thought I'd better stock up my stash to keep me busy and occupied. Its played havoc with my New Years resolution of no new yarn until my stashed had been used up, but it had to be done lol!

Attachments

·
Registered
5,904 Posts
dolliebabies said:
We go into lockdown for a month from tonight, so I thought I'd better stock up my stash to keep me busy and occupied. Its played havoc with my New Years resolution of no new yarn until my stashed had been used up, but it had to be done lol!
Looks like you're going to be busy ????. I'm lucky enough to have a lovely lys who does free local delivery. Not looking forward to this lockdown. Let's hope it is only 4 weeks and that it does the trick ????

·
Registered
4,375 Posts
At least you have beautiful things to work with. Don't feel bad, I stress bought a hundred dollars of socks yarn from Little Knits yesterday. Didn't need it, but it made me feel better.

·
Registered
5,904 Posts
mathrox said:
Back into full lockdown? Wow!
Pretty much. Schools, essential shops will be open. takeaways and deliveries will continue. Work from home if possible and no household mixing, although I can still provide childcare so I do get to see half the grandchildren once or twice a week.

·
Registered
5,086 Posts
bevvyreay said:
Pretty much. Schools, essential shops will be open. takeaways and deliveries will continue. Work from home if possible and no household mixing, although I can still provide childcare so I do get to see half the grandchildren once or twice a week.
I am expecting to see that this winter, here, too. I am in New Jersey and our numbers were looking so good in June and July. Then they reopened colleges and now it is hitting the younger kids hard .... which means we are seeing a rise in 40-60 year olds (parents, most likely) and some older ones (grandparents).
Give them an inch .... restrictions be damned seems to be the motto among the 18-24 year olds.

·
Registered
14,271 Posts
I like the pink variegated ones, good luck with the lockdown.

·
Registered
1,879 Posts
Pretty yarn to add to your stash to continue your projects. Here in Missouri, USA will most likely be on another lock down soon. It is the old adage of "one step forward and two steps back". I think the government just rushed sending kids back to school, along with other areas too soon. We have been seeing Covid rising again since the middle of October. It seems like we may have to take this issue slower like the tortoise. Slow and easy to win against Covid. I know I am working on many projects for my friends and family.
Stay safe, Be well and Keep smiling; in addition keep yourselves busy.

·
Registered
2,993 Posts
dolliebabies said:
If that is a month's worth of yarn, you are a very fast knitter or crocheter!! ????

·
Registered
4,630 Posts
Hope the lockdown works out to slow the virus in your area. I have found that if I can visualize a comfortable situation it reduces my stress. I with you many jolly hours of knitting and look forward to what you post.

·
Registered
750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Rjkda said:
If that is a month's worth of yarn, you are a very fast knitter or crocheter!! ????
lol, although the lockdown doesn't come in until midnight tonight, there is already talk about it being extended, and then coming out of it slowly in tiered levels. I'm just preparing for all eventualities lol

·
Registered
2,993 Posts
dolliebabies said:
lol, although the lockdown doesn't come in until midnight tonight, there is already talk about it being extended, and then coming out of it slowly in tiered levels. I'm just preparing for all eventualities lol
Now I see your plan. Good thinking.

1 - 20 of 74 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom