Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
3,264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to try making an entrelac scarf. Plan to use a basic pattern but want the triangles/ regtangles to show color changes by using long strand variegated yarn vs having to change yarn for Emack triangle etc. what veragated yarn have fellow kpers used suggsefully?

·
Registered
12,067 Posts
I look for bargains on long color run yarn at Ice Yarns/Yarn Paradise. Mary Maxim and Herrschnerr's also have several choices. Red Heart has Boutique Unforgettable, which some dislike, because it's roving. I've had good success with Lighthouse Yarn, wool roving, sold by Herrschnerr's, and some Magic Wool from Ice Yarns.

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
The "Artist" yarn from Plymouth Yarn Company works into a beautiful Entrelac. I made a cowl out of it. It is 65% acrylic, 35% wool. Even some real "won't knit with acrylic" customers that have come into the shop have decided to use this. It feels nice and is perfect for Entrelac projects.

·
Registered
6,868 Posts
CCNana said:
The "Artist" yarn from Plymouth Yarn Company works into a beautiful Entrelac. I made a cowl out of it. It is 65% acrylic, 35% wool. Even some real "won't knit with acrylic" customers that have come into the shop have decided to use this. It feels nice and is perfect for Entrelac projects.
Ooh went and looked at this -beautiful. And I love that the company offers a swatch look so you can see how the knitting looks! Thanks - Ill ask my LYS if she can order me some - or if she has it! :sm24: :sm24:

·
Registered
3,264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
CCNana said:
Thank you I will look it up!

·
Registered
4,720 Posts
Might I suggest checking on Ravelry for entrelac scarves and find one you like then check projects done from that pattern. You can check what yarns were used for that pattern as well. Gives you wonderful ideas and color and yarn choices this way.

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
If I may ask a question...can someone tell me what kind of wool would not be picky when wearing. I would like to knit a cowl but unsure which kind of wool to buy. Should I buy a mix I would prefer not to use acrylic for this one project. Tks for any info on this.

·
Registered
5,435 Posts
Lise Paauw said:
If I may ask a question...can someone tell me what kind of wool would not be picky when wearing. I would like to knit a cowl but unsure which kind of wool to buy. Should I buy a mix I would prefer not to use acrylic for this one project. Tks for any info on this.
Merino is known to be the softest wool. I find Australian merino to be the softest. Merino blended with alpaca or cashmere will be even softer.

·
Registered
4,102 Posts
JlsH said:
I want to try making an entrelac scarf. Plan to use a basic pattern but want the triangles/ regtangles to show color changes by using long strand variegated yarn vs having to change yarn for Emack triangle etc. what veragated yarn have fellow kpers used suggsefully?
I used Kochoran, a luxury yarn from Eisaku Noro & Co., 20% silk, 30% angora and 50% wool, in the scarf pictured here, but it was pricey. Since this scarf, I've used Mochi Plus and Chroma worsted for other projects. I think they would work ok, too.

https://www.etsy.com/listing/177822983/long-extra-warm-colorful-winter-scarf?ref=shop_home_active_25

Attachments

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom