Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
6,129 Posts
sandj said:
She would have been 105 year old!! Do you remember they redid her statue in her hometown of NY. I think this is great. The artist did a great job!!
This is soooo much better than the first statue! Really captured her personality and class in this new one.

·
Registered
8,441 Posts
I loved her show back in the 50s/60s....I was a child then but thoroughly enjoyed her show and was so disappointed when I learnt of her bad marriage with Desi Arnez...
God Bless Lucy.....

·
Registered
17,692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
knit4ES said:
According to online sources, she was born in Jamestown but spent most of her childhood in Celoron ... so they both claim her ... don't know where the statue is...
It is in Celoron, NY. A woman by the Carolyn redid the statue. The first one was by a man named Dave. He would have redone for free. They didn't want him to. I think they made the right decision. ????

·
Registered
17,788 Posts
This statue is a million times better.

·
Registered
29,395 Posts
An excellent likeness. There is a bronze statue of the Bee Gees in Redcliff and they look like poisoned dwarfs.

·
Registered
8,825 Posts
I love this. I watched Lucy all the time. They periodically show her reruns. One time my daughter who was visiting came out in the kitchen and said "guess what Jessica (my be) is watching"? She was watching Lucy and she loved it. That was back in the late 80's early 90's. She loved. I think it was the show where Lucy was stomping grapes. What a riot.

·
Registered
8,825 Posts
I love this. I watched Lucy all the time. They periodically show her reruns. One time my daughter who was visiting came out in the kitchen and said "guess what Jessica (my Grand-daughter) is watching"? She was watching Lucy and she loved it. That was back in the late 80's early 90's. She loved. I think it was the show where Lucy was stomping grapes. What a riot.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom