Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

· Registered
11,019 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been under the weather over the weekend with a summer cold. yuck! Anyways I thought a little retail therapy might help me to feel a bit better. lol. So here's what I scored....all marked down for the store closing next month.

Gage picked the black and the cotton. He wants me to make him something spooky with the black and some orange I already have in my stash.

Happy Knitting :-D

Attachments

· Registered
1,720 Posts
I've going to the Zellers in Stratford watching for the yarn to go on sale, and as of yet no go. They ARE closing in January, but so far no sale on yarn. They have 3 rows of yarn, but still way too expensive for me.

· Registered
11,019 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I believe ours is closing its doors Sept 6th, I have been biting my nails waiting for it to go down in price, but worrying there would be nothing left.lol

· Registered
1,280 Posts
Our Zellers is closing too, but be careful as the sales are not what they make them out to be. I was looking to buy the bernat baby jacquard yarn and they had the price marked up and then a sale sign that said it was $2 off but with the $2 off it turned out to be the exact same price it was all along before the closing out sale. they did the same thing with their lawn chairs, I was looking at them the end of June and they were $49.99 reg price, now they have them on sale for $50% off but they have them as $74.99 reg price... most of the markdowns are rip offs like that... so be carefull

· Registered
1,062 Posts
hoodedmaiden60 said:
Awesome!!! Lucky u!!! I love that Bernat Baby blanket yarn.. its sooo soft :)
Do you know how this yarn washes? I've wondered if it would fall apart or loose it's shape like some chennile yarn. I spent 3 hours taking apart my dryer when the kids washed and dryed a chenille throw. It completely shredded in the dryer. I've been scared to use this yarn. Any feedback you can give me about the wearability and care would be appreciated.

· Registered
11,019 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
MrsBearstalker said:
So sorry that Zellers is closing, but glad that you got some good yarn deals from them. Hope there is another place near you to buy yarn in the future and that you are over your summer cold.
OUr Zellers is being turned into a Target, and we are also getting a Walmart. :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

· Registered
11,019 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
nsnewfie1996 said:
Our sellers is turning into a target store as well but I heard they Target doesn't carry yarn and knitting items
:(
I have heard the same thing, but I will cross my fingers and toes and wait and see :thumbup:

· Registered
610 Posts
One of our Zellers is closed at the beginning the sales were a joke but nearer the closing the sales were great. A $8.99 ball of yarn went for $4.49 but you have to wait . Most of their stuff is over priced that's why they are closing. Walmart is good but not much choice.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom