Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
  • Wondering how to use different site features? Please visit our FAQ. Still have questions? Post to our Community Help section for a speedy response.
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
707 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all..wondering if anyone has as easy pattern for a knitted one piece cardigan for a beginner. Have looked in Ravelry and found nothing. thought I had one at home, but after looking through all my books, found nothing. just trying to help a new knitter.....thanks, Sandi

·
Registered
3,624 Posts
have you not tried Mr google :) just type easy beginner sweater patterns or cardigans..
Or even try doing a search on here for patterns and links, there are lots of sites like, knitting on the net & lion brand too,

·
Registered
494 Posts
I have seen some patterns that start at the sleeve cuff and you knit across the arm to the body and across the other arm and then the other cuff. A kind of one piece sweater. Not sure what they are called but have seen them on the usual free knitting sites. allfreeknitting, etc...

·
Registered
367 Posts
There's the 5 hour baby sweater, it's fairly simple and knitted from the neck down, seamed only on the sleeves and not even there if you knit in the round. Stitches required are K, P, Knit front and back, Knit 2 together, and Make one by picking up bar between the stitches. Just Google it, there are several websites with different versions of it. Fiber Gypsy is the one I like the best.

·
Registered
13,670 Posts
Here is a link to the "Leisure Arts Knitted Seamless Raglans 9 months to size 50." I bought it in the 70s and still use it for pullovers...good patterns. I paid $3 but it is now listed for $15 for a used one. It has a "basic cardigan" pattern for size 9 months to size 50. The instructions are in both sportweight and worsted weight yarn. This is my favorite pattern book.

http://www.amazon.com/Knitted-Seamless-Raglans-Leaflet-159/dp/B001HBR76Q

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
sidecargrammie said:
Hi all..wondering if anyone has as easy pattern for a knitted one piece cardigan for a beginner. Have looked in Ravelry and found nothing. thought I had one at home, but after looking through all my books, found nothing. just trying to help a new knitter.....thanks, Sandi
I just finidhes an easy one bt stefany japel and it was free download, easy and came our great. Try going to:
www.classiceliteyarns.com/WebLetter/113/Issue113.php
or Japel_Pattern_SproutChildsTunic
I hope one of those work, otherwise let me know, I wish I had make a picture to share, I am bad about that and I already gifted it to Denver, Colorado

·
Registered
146 Posts
I found the book Kids' Knitted Sweaters & More produced by Kooler Design Studio, Inc. Their designers call themselves Cabin Fever and can be found at www.cabinfever.ca Their address is Cabin Fever, Orillia, Ontario, Canada. Phone 800-671-9112. This book has the greatest, easiest sweaters and other accessories I have found.

·
Registered
1,977 Posts
I made one called baby sidewinder sweater from Creative Knitting March 2010 that had side seams and a crochet edge. It was easy to do.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom