Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
  • Wondering how to use different site features? Please visit our FAQ. Still have questions? Post to our Community Help section for a speedy response.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A few days ago I think it was, someone posted a video a clever way to weave in the tail as you knit the first row. If I remember it was alternating the tail with the working yarn.

Does this sound familiar to anyone?

I meant to bookmark it but guess I didn't.

·
Registered
6,165 Posts
Use the Search feature at the top of the screen, type in "weave tails" and click on Advanced Options. Then check the box next to "Show only recent topics." Click Search.

Scroll through the list of topics. It is probably the first one, but it's a good thing to learn how to do your own searches.

·
Registered
8,559 Posts
Good advice!
ChasingRainbows said:
Use the Search feature at the top of the screen, type in "weave tails" and click on Advanced Options. Then check the box next to "Show only recent topics." Click Search.

Scroll through the list of topics. It is probably the first one, but it's a good thing to learn how to do your own searches.
:sm02:

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
ChasingRainbows said:

Did that. Not there and yes I know how to do my own searches. But since I couldn't find it - that is why I'm asking.

·
Registered
19,976 Posts
If you're familiar with stranded colorwork and carrying the unused color, it's pretty much the same only you'd trap it more often. You can weave in the new yarn before changing, leaving a tail to catch on the next row if the yarn is slippery. I can do it but rarely choose to.

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
AnitaCocktail said:
A few days ago I think it was, someone posted a video a clever way to weave in the tail as you knit the first row. If I remember it was alternating the tail with the working yarn.

silkandwool posted it from the chillydog.

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
ChasingRainbows said:

Thank you for this bit of info, I was able to find the poster's post she was looking for. Thank you again. Forever grateful for KP and its members.

·
Registered
3,294 Posts
I believe it was a Seven West Video. The method works well on an item where the back side will not be seen. I don’t like the weave-in to show as it often does when wearing a shawl. It wouldn’t be quite as noticeable if used when adding a new ball of the same color.

·
Registered
397 Posts
ChasingRainbows said:

Thanks for posting this suggestion! I'll try to remember this the next time I forget to bookmark a useful tip.

·
Registered
23,222 Posts
AnitaCocktail said:

I usually weave the tail back and forth up the rounds for about an inch, leaving some tail hanging as a BOR marker.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom