Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
  • Wondering how to use different site features? Please visit our FAQ. Still have questions? Post to our Community Help section for a speedy response.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings New Friends:
Just pick up some needles... Was watching Public Television and noted a square pattern of mock cable, I would love to attempt this particular pattern. Your assistance would be deeply appreciated.

God Bless

·
Registered
88 Posts

·
Registered
7,116 Posts
(((((((( Send me the pattern and I'll look it over to note the supppies you need + the how-to/s in the pattern and get back to you.

You haven't started it yet since this post, right? If so, describe how it's going or not......

Good luck!
~~~~~~
Essie said:
Greetings New Friends:
Just pick up some needles... Was watching Public Television and noted a square pattern of mock cable, I would love to attempt this particular pattern. Your assistance would be deeply appreciated.

God Bless

·
Registered
453 Posts
Irishgirl7 said:
Essie said:
Greetings New Friends:

God Bless
Hi there. I came across this Mock Cable pattern:

http://www.knittingonthenet.com/stitches/mockcable.htm

http://knitting.about.com/od/stitchglossary/g/mock_cable.htm

http://www.knittingonthenet.com/patterns/babymockcablehat.htm
Good ones! Thank you!

·
Premium Member
12,940 Posts
Irishgirl7 said:
I use the pattern in this third link all the time when I knit baby hats for charity. In fact, I have one on the needles right now. :) I love it! It's so cute, knits up really quickly, and the pattern is so simple I never even have to pull out my printed copy - just grab my needles, worsted weight yarn and go!

Attachments

·
Registered
88 Posts
TammyK said:
Irishgirl7 said:
I use the pattern in this third link all the time when I knit baby hats for charity. In fact, I have one on the needles right now. :) I love it! It's so cute, knits up really quickly, and the pattern is so simple I never even have to pull out my printed copy - just grab my needles, worsted weight yarn and go!
Those are so cute! Ya know, I have never used this type of cable but I'm thinking it sure would make a pretty sweater, cardigan or pullover:) Love your hats:)

·
Registered
43 Posts
I am so happy I decided to check this person's question. The pattern that goes with all the beautiful hats that Irishgirl 17 shows, is a wonderful pattern to use for a baby blanket. It looks fancy and complicated, but is the EASIEST way to do a cable pattern. I misplaced my written instructions I had used a couple years back and have been searching since for the pattern, so, thank you! Not only do I have a beautiful hat pattern, but now I can do the baby blanket to match! Irishgirl17, keep up the good work that you do from your heart; I'm sure there are many parents and babies whose lives you brought warmth and a smile to. I am planning to start a group, I hope, in Rochester, NY to work on "The Ships Project". The Ships Project is made of volunteer knitters and crocheters who make specific black wool hats for wear under the helmet (for those in combat, as the wool is less flammable). For those on base or in military hospital, the hats, socks, slippers can be colorful and made with acrylic or what ever blend you choose. I also sew and would love to make a ton of hats and skid proof warm sock slippers. If anyone is interested, just google the ships project for stories and information. My good friend's grandaughter just went through medic training and will be sent over to W. Germany (at this point), so I thought I'd adopt her troop to make items for. I am a nurse, and so, my heart is definately into making items for those in the military hospitals. I would like to have the finished garments blessed before they are shipped. My 91 year old ex mother-in-law (who is really sweet, even if her son was a --------, is joining the project too. I intend to get my daughter, who is a new seamstress, to sew as well. Since I am new to this site, I probably ought to introduce myself and this topic. Cheers! And, thanks again, Irishgirl17 for that pattern! Are you Mom? Nancy

·
Registered
88 Posts
Nandan said:
I am so happy I decided to check this person's question. The pattern that goes with all the beautiful hats that Irishgirl 17 shows, is a wonderful pattern to use for a baby blanket. It looks fancy and complicated, but is the EASIEST way to do a cable pattern. I misplaced my written instructions I had used a couple years back and have been searching since for the pattern, so, thank you! Not only do I have a beautiful hat pattern, but now I can do the baby blanket to match! Irishgirl17, keep up the good work that you do from your heart; I'm sure there are many parents and babies whose lives you brought warmth and a smile to. I am planning to start a group, I hope, in Rochester, NY to work on "The Ships Project". The Ships Project is made of volunteer knitters and crocheters who make specific black wool hats for wear under the helmet (for those in combat, as the wool is less flammable). For those on base or in military hospital, the hats, socks, slippers can be colorful and made with acrylic or what ever blend you choose. I also sew and would love to make a ton of hats and skid proof warm sock slippers. If anyone is interested, just google the ships project for stories and information. My good friend's grandaughter just went through medic training and will be sent over to W. Germany (at this point), so I thought I'd adopt her troop to make items for. I am a nurse, and so, my heart is definately into making items for those in the military hospitals. I would like to have the finished garments blessed before they are shipped. My 91 year old ex mother-in-law (who is really sweet, even if her son was a --------, is joining the project too. I intend to get my daughter, who is a new seamstress, to sew as well. Since I am new to this site, I probably ought to introduce myself and this topic. Cheers! And, thanks again, Irishgirl17 for that pattern! Are you Mom? Nancy
Hello, you are very welcome. and yes, I am a Mom and grandmother :thumbup: Oh and it is Irishgirl7 not seventeen, just encase someone else may have that name :lol:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom