Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
  • Wondering how to use different site features? Please visit our FAQ. Still have questions? Post to our Community Help section for a speedy response.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, everyone. I'm new to the forum and hail from the San Francisco Bay Area. I'm looking for patterns for matching man's cowl and hat that would be soft, warm and appropriate for using two colors. My husband is a Cal Berkeley football fan and would like me to make a set in the school's colors. Thanks for your help!

Anne

·
Registered
88 Posts
acsingalls said:
Hello, everyone. I'm new to the forum and hail from the San Francisco Bay Area. I'm looking for patterns for matching man's cowl and hat that would be soft, warm and appropriate for using two colors. My husband is a Cal Berkeley football fan and would like me to make a set in the school's colors. Thanks for your help!

Anne
Hello. Here is a basic pattern for a cap and scarf [can be made into a cowl]

http://www.lionbrand.com/patterns/70064.html?noImages=

·
Registered
21 Posts
Shopping ListShopping List
Use add to list to add your shopping item to the list.
Shopping List
Help me decide · Clear Books & Magazines › Nonfiction › Crafts & Hobbies

See larger photo
Knitting with Balls: A Hands-On Guide to Knitting for the Modern Man
$6.09(1 store)
4.0 out of 5User reviews (22)
Author: Del vecchio, michael. Format: Trade paperback. Publish Date: 11/2006. Subjects: Crafts / Hobbies. ISBN: 0756622891, 9780756622893.

·
Registered
455 Posts
I was on Ravelry.com looking at hats and couldn't believe how many there were. Some are free and some are a small charge. If you have a Paypal account, it's easy to "go wild" buying patterns there in a matter of minutes. Since everyone has different tastes, I'm sure you will find something you really want to put your knitting effort into completing. Good luck!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Hello again--You can go to AllFreeKnitting, Knitting On The Net (last choice), or just Google "free knitting patterns" to search for just about anything you get the idea to create. I love Lion Brand.; their patterns are diclaimed to be absolutly true--error free! and their yarns are beautiful but limited. KnitPicks and KnitPicky (with a Y) are good sites also. More expensive but wonderful is Berroco yarns for free great patterns, and of course, super and exotic yarns (yummmy). Enjoy shopping!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom