Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
  • Wondering how to use different site features? Please visit our FAQ. Still have questions? Post to our Community Help section for a speedy response.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
3,195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I saved this picture on my desktop, but forgot to include the link. Does anyone remember where the pattern for this hat might have been? Thanks for any help.

Marg

Attachments

·
Registered
403 Posts
Do you use Pinterest? I realize you have the link now, however I saw this on Pinterest today.

The beauty is you can usually link to the pattern through the picture. The downside is I can come up with more things to make than I'll finish in my lifetime!

Cute hat - there is another very similar on an adult :)

·
Registered
3,195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks AnjiCat, I knew someone would come up with the answer. I remember now why I saved only the picture, not the link, was that I, like Jessica-Jean, thought it could easily be made without the pattern. Thanks for your help everyone.

·
Registered
7,628 Posts
dancewithmarg said:
Thanks AnjiCat, I knew someone would come up with the answer. I remember now why I saved only the picture, not the link, was that I, like Jessica-Jean, thought it could easily be made without the pattern. Thanks for your help everyone.
Thanks to you for asking for the pattern or link. I had not seen this beauty before now... thanks to you, I have it too. :wink:

·
Registered
4,223 Posts
Jessica-Jean said:
Personally, I don't think you need a pattern to make it; the photo tells all. I would work a garter stitch band to fit, slightly stretched, around the wearer's head, and pick up along one edge to work an ordinary beanie's crown. Buttons optional.
My thoughts, too, Jessica-Jean. Cute hate, very simple and charming.

:thumbup: :thumbup:

·
Registered
5,401 Posts
I agree with Jessica Jean, Garter stitch 9 inches wide, sew a seam. Pick up stitches with dpn's around one edge and use a common decrease to make the top. Going to try it, you could make the garter stitch piece 7 inches wide for a smaller cap.
What an easy pattern to copy. Knitting worsted yarn and no. 7,8 or 9 needles,your choice.

Carol J.

·
Registered
537 Posts
Thanks to Anjicat for finding and posting. I just bough it and the pattern comes with directions for sizes Toddler, Child and Adult. If you check further into the site there are many other designs and the most beautiful children.

·
Registered
4,610 Posts
Jessica-Jean said:
Personally, I don't think you need a pattern to make it; the photo tells all. I would work a garter stitch band to fit, slightly stretched, around the wearer's head, and pick up along one edge to work an ordinary beanie's crown. Buttons optional.
I was truly thinking the same thing.

·
Registered
3,072 Posts
I made several of these for Christmas last year - different sizes, along with different yarns and one with a band and one without. This is such an easy basic pattern that you can change the stitches/yarns, etc. without any problems. I love the pattern and so do those I gave the hats to. Each one was different - my grandchildren, my 6'6" son, and a great-grandchild. Then, one of the ladies in church wanted to know how to knit, so I made this her first project and she did so great, she gave it to her husband for Christmas and he absolutely loved it. Anyone can do this one.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom