Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have about 950 yards of Silk yarn (Peacock color) and 11 (1oz 28 1/2 grs) skeins of "Old Lace" color Linen yarn. Both appear to be fingering weight. Does anyone have any ideas what I should use this for? I was thinking either very small bears, and/or a shawl or two.

·
Registered
617 Posts
950 yard of fingering weight yarn is enough to make a medium to medium/large tank, or tee. Also enough for 2 shawls! If the yarn is lace weight than shawls are a great option. If you mix the two yarns you can make anything...you've got yardage!

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
You are all wonderful!!! Crochetylady, I like your suggestion ;) I'll keep it mind.
As luck would have it, I joined a Mystery KAL that started today. Guess what the item is...a 'Reversible Shawlette'

·
Registered
176 Posts
Jynx , I totally agree with the shawl way of going with that silk yarn. Thrown over the arm then draped over the shoulder when hit by the air conditioning. Right now it seems there are simply gorgeous patterns out there. I wanna do one for my
Californian niece who lives & works in Atlanta, so have looked and looked and loved and loved!

·
Registered
9,632 Posts
Dezlie said:
I have about 950 yards of Silk yarn (Peacock color) and 11 (1oz 28 1/2 grs) skeins of "Old Lace" color Linen yarn. Both appear to be fingering weight. Does anyone have any ideas what I should use this for? I was thinking either very small bears, and/or a shawl or two.
Go to Ravelry and look for projects using that or a similar yarn. you can choose the weight of the yarn and if you search by specific yarns, you can choose color. This is a wonderful way to use Ravelry. I lean toward a garment or shawl of some kind. I love bears, but I think garment would make better use of a silk yarn. But, I've never had a silk bear!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom