Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
  • Wondering how to use different site features? Please visit our FAQ. Still have questions? Post to our Community Help section for a speedy response.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am interested in the stitch at the bottom that looks like a Frank Lloyd Wright design...sort of feather or wheat motif. Does anyone know how to do this? I am not sure I can follow the chart. It is in a foreign language & I am in the US. Any help would be appreciated. TIA

Rats, I got the photo on twice. Sorry it is a download. Not sure how to change that. Usually it posts a picture.

Attachments

Registered
Here is the picture

Attachments

Registered
luvs2knit50 said:
Thank you. How did you do that?
I opened your download - clicked on enable editing ~ right clicked on it ~ save as picture ~ on my desktop then attached it to the reply.

Registered
luvs2knit50 said:
I am interested in the stitch at the bottom that looks like a Frank Lloyd Wright design...sort of feather or wheat motif. Does anyone know how to do this? I am not sure I can follow the chart. It is in a foreign language & I am in the US. Any help would be appreciated. TIA

Rats, I got the photo on twice. Sorry it is a download. Not sure how to change that. Usually it posts a picture.
download blocked

Registered
It is from the book Japanese Knitting Stitch Bible, page 114, chart on pg. 128.

The book has full explanations of the stitches on the chart, but they are at the beginning of the book.

Registered
Funny it looks very much like a book I just got today from the library! Its the Japanese book that has 250 INCREDIBLE patterns. It has translation or how to read their pattern symbols! If you love to explore new stitches try to get this book and just browse through it!! Would not be an easy relearn to do the patterns but I am going to pick a simple one and make a scarf as they only give you the patterns for you to do what you want with them...and at the end they have lots of edges to knit....thats what this looks like...

Registered
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I am looking for something you use on a friends bed. She has a runner n wanted me to knit ot crochet something to go under it. She loves Frank Lloyd Wright n I thought this looked like some of his designs which would be perfect for her. I will have to see if the library can get me a copy. Thanks for sharing that info.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Just found this n my friend loves it. It does have an abbreviation that I am not familiar with...cdds, I think. Can't get to the pattern at the moment. Havent finished looking thru the pattern so there may be something else. That you for your help with a of this. I do love those sts fro the Japanese books. My daughter got me one last Christmas. It is not the bible tho.

https://knotions.com/art-deco-2/

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom