Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
  • Wondering how to use different site features? Please visit our FAQ. Still have questions? Post to our Community Help section for a speedy response.
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought the "Knifty Knitter" round loom set last year. Made one hat. Didn't like the look of it and put the set away. Even tried to sell them. By accident I ran accross a video on You Tube . It showed how to knit a tri-colored hat with the colors in columns. I chose to only use two colors, but I like it. Hope you do too. And I think I will keep the looms and look for more patterns.

Attachments

·
Registered
5,268 Posts
I have made many hats on the loom for babies, myself, girlfriend and adult nephew. i like to use a light weight yarn which makes the hat more comfortable to wear. One time, using colorful yarn, I just kept knitting until the top of the hat fell over and reached the neck. It became a fun hat.

I like your hat. May try two colors next time.

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
Love the vertical striping. My sister in Ontario sent me a loom knitter and the box disintegrated en route and I received a nice apology from the USPS but no loom. Bummer, I was looking forward to trying it out. That one knit solid flat pieces which could then be made into all kinds of neat items.

·
Registered
5,289 Posts
Your striped hat is wonderful! Yes, keep on finding patterns and giving it a whirl. You rock! :thumbup:

·
Registered
465 Posts
That turned out great. I've loved my looms since the day I got them. There are so many great projects you can make with the looms that now you are started, you will find many more. Thanks for sharing and keep up the good work. Happy Looming and also, Happy Thanksgiving. :thumbup:

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
snowbug said:
I bought the "Knifty Knitter" round loom set last year. Made one hat. Didn't like the look of it and put the set away. Even tried to sell them. By accident I ran accross a video on You Tube . It showed how to knit a tri-colored hat with the colors in columns. I chose to only use two colors, but I like it. Hope you do too. And I think I will keep the looms and look for more patterns.
Can you direct me to the site that showed you how to knit 2 colors please. Thanks

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom